TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
madisonicole Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy Dont want to go on - August 3rd 2012, 07:46 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I cant take it anymore. i hate my life and cant stand the way i am treated and talked to, cutting was my coping skill but now i feel no pain when i cut and i just feel miserable all the time nothing makes me happy anymore. depression has taken over and is winning. how do i get out of this?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
ELEVATE
I've been here a while

Name: Hannah

Re: Dont want to go on - August 3rd 2012, 08:17 AM

Hey there

Firstly, depression may have taken over, but the fact that you are posting here asking for advice shows that it hasn't won yet! And you can't let it win! Have you talked to someone about the way you're feeling? I know it sounds scary, and I guess it is, in a way. But honestly, it is probably the best thing you can do. You can talk to someone and they can help you. Because you deserve it. You don't deserve to be miserable and depressed! Your life is worth so much more than that!

And cutting doesn't solve anything. I've been there, done that, but am trying to stop. I know what it's like. And it's not the only coping skill out there. There are heaps of better alternatives! There's an alternatives thread here somewhere, and there are some really good ones on there that are so much more effective than cutting! Personally, I like to run. I can beat myself up that way instead of cutting, and it works!

Hope this helped. PM me anytime if you wanna talk

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Evanesco Offline
Linguistics geek
Outside, huh?

Name: Harrison (or Harri)

Re: Dont want to go on - August 3rd 2012, 02:17 PM

Hey there,

Well done for reaching out. That's you fighting against the depression. And if you're already fighting, you can keep fighting. The next step is to reach out to someone you know, someone who can help you. This could be your parents, or a school guidance counselor, or your doctor, or any other adult. There are ways to treat depression, which can include counselling, therapy, support networks and sometimes even medication. There will be something out there that can help you, you just need to take the steps to find it.

Cutting isn't going to help you. I know that it's such an addictive cycle, but you can get out of it. Here is the alternatives thread that Hannah mentioned: http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f12-s...ves-self-harm/ . Not all of them work for everyone, but there might be some things in there that could distract you from self harm help you to feel better when you feel down.

You are worth so much more than this, and things can get better. There is no easy fix, but with some effort and some support, you can feel happy again. If you ever need someone to talk to, feel free to PM me.

Join the Skeleton Clique on TH
Do you wanna come with me? 'Cause if you do, then I should warn you - you're gonna see all sorts of things. Ghosts from the past. Aliens from the future. The day the Earth died in a ball of flame. It won't be quiet, it won't be safe, and it won't be calm. But I'll tell you what it will be: The trip of a lifetime!

Don't trust a perfect person and don't trust a song that's flawless.
RIP Granddad Terry. I'll miss you.

Closed Thread