TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
monkey01 Offline
trying to be strong
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Chantelle

Exclamation no point - August 7th 2012, 04:02 PM

the thoughts are unbearable the memories are overwhelming. im a worthless peice of crap who no one could ever love or want. there is no point in anything anymore

There is always someone who cares about you. It may not seem like it but there is. I can promise you that much.
  Send a message via MSN to monkey01  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Outside, huh?

Name: Cathy

Re: no point - August 7th 2012, 04:18 PM

Please don't kill yourself. I understand that you are going through such a hard time right now, but you can't keep dwelling on the past. I know a lot of things happened in the past, but you can't keep living like this. You can't let the past dictate who you are going to be in the future. Forget the past. Stop dwelling on the bad things; it will get you no where in life. Try staying positive.

Please stay strong and never give up hope.

Member Since 1/15/2012

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: no point - August 8th 2012, 02:54 AM

Hi Chantelle,

Recovery is a process. Its not going to happen after a stay in a psychiatric unit or over night. Its going to take time. For some people its months and for others its years but along the way you'll learn so much, develop and build on skills and become the person you're suppose to be. This isn't going to be easy though kid, it's going to be hard work and you're going to have to stay focused and stay determined. You always seem so negative though. How about for every negative thought you have, you create a positive as well? So the negative thought for example is, I need to hurt myself. Then the positive thought could be but I've been 4 hours without self harm and thats really great. See what I mean? And put things into perspective. It might really help.

I know this is hard but I believe in you and we're all behind you all the way. You're not alone in this and you can do it if you keep your hear up, let people in and work hard.

Keep your chin up,
Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Lumos. Offline
Used to be Don'tForget
I can't get enough

Name: Dionna

Re: no point - August 8th 2012, 03:35 AM

You can do this Chantelle! I know its hard, but please do not kill yourself. Stay safe. Keep distracting yourself. Stay strong.

From day one I talked about getting out
But not forgetting about
How all my worst fears are letting out
He said, "Why put a new address on the same old loneliness?"
When breathing just passes the time
Until we all just get old and die
  Send a message via Skype™ to Lumos. 
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Stuck.in.time Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ani ;p

Re: no point - August 8th 2012, 08:34 AM

If you keep telling yourself negative things, you'll end up believing in them. And I want to tell you now, that that could NEVER be true. As human beings, right from when we started out as babies, each individual has such enormous potential and great contribution. You are one of them. And I think that the situation you are in and the people who are there don't condone or promote this. But because you've lost sight in yourself and the strength you possess, you think that there is no point anymore. If you give up now, you're letting those people win. Is that what you want? But if you strive to overcome that and take those steps to a fresh start, you're on the way to victory.

The place you live in only holds a small amount of people, out of 7,058,515,525 (and always changing) in the world. You say that no one loves you or wants you, but have you met all of them?

No doubt EVERYONE on this site is supporting you 100% of the way... so stay strong and good luck!
I'd hate to see you give up.

I know it's time to move on and let go... but I can't. I'm just... Stuck.in.time

(#6 (permalink)) Old
monkey01 Offline
trying to be strong
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Chantelle

Re: no point - August 8th 2012, 03:24 PM

im usually a positive person but when i feel like this its hard to be positive

There is always someone who cares about you. It may not seem like it but there is. I can promise you that much.
  Send a message via MSN to monkey01  
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Symphony. Offline
"You're the only light."
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Sarah

Re: no point - August 8th 2012, 04:58 PM

I know that it's hard to think positively when all you feel is negative. But if you kill yourself, you'll miss out on so many great opportunities. You're so young- think about the good that lies ahead. Eventually you will become happy, I promise. Things are going to get better. Once you're happy, you're going to be SO GLAD you didn't kill yourself. Please hang in there, and stay strong. <3

"What's done in the dark will be brought to the light."
Associate HelpLink Mentor

Closed Thread