TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Ryan marsh120 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

I don't know what to do anymore - August 10th 2012, 08:51 PM

I am a 16 year old boy and I have no clue what to do anymore. I really want to just end it because of where I live and because of my family. Everyday in my family I go through "you're so skinny we could spit right through you" and bullshit comments like that. For the past 3 years I have been trying to gain weight and I have gained a little bit but I know I am still skinny. I am also not the brightest kid, nor am I strongest in anything I do. I moved to a remote boring nothing to do old town and it has nothing for me here and I have at least another 2 years to live here before I can get out and go to where I want to go and that is going to be as far away from where I am right now. My family makes me depressed and I don't have the guts to tell them the truth. If I tell them the truth they will probably offer me a therapist, which I don't want because we can not afford it. I don't need a therapist because I already know the problem which is my town and my family. In my town, my friends and I try to go golfing and stuff but all of them have jobs and can never make it to anything. I am stuck inside playing video games instead of getting out and my parents sure don't let me not go through each day without knowing it... I try and go do stuff but everything I like isn't here and I have nothing to do. I am bored depressed and I think that committing suicide is the only way out. I really need help

(#2 (permalink)) Old
ciararnhrt12 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ciara

Re: I don't know what to do anymore - August 10th 2012, 11:16 PM

Hey hun,
First of take a deep breath and try to calm down a bit, I know it may seem like a solution but suicide is NEVER the answer. I don't care what your parents or any one says to you, you are the way you are and if your built with a skinny frame then thats just how it is. If they can't accept that its their fault, its has nothing to do with you. You shouldn't have to or want to change yourself just because other people say so, so maybe try looking in the mirror and loving yourself for a change. I understand that you don't want to see a therapist but what about maybe talking with a friend or a school guidance counslor? It honestly helps a lot to talk with someone and just get your feelings out in the open.
About living in a boring town, well have you ever thought about maybe getting a job to pass the time? Or how about taking up a hobby like maybe learning to play an instrument or writing poems/stories/even songs? You could always try getting into some sort of sport as well. I hope your doing okay and that you seriously think about the suicide, we are all here for you. Best of luck!

Closed Thread