TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
monkey01 Offline
trying to be strong
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Chantelle

no point - August 14th 2012, 02:37 PM

whats the point of me living anymore my sister died she was what kept me going. i dont want to live anymore without her. its too hard.

There is always someone who cares about you. It may not seem like it but there is. I can promise you that much.
  Send a message via MSN to monkey01  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: no point - August 14th 2012, 03:49 PM

Chantelle,

This didn't happen long ago and yes, you will always miss your sister and be sad about what has happened, but in time, you'll learn ways to cope with what has happened and these feelings will begin to get easier for you. Its going to take time though and you need to think a bit more positive. You have to be the change you want to see in the world. You saying you can't isn't going to help anything and I know it's hard to be positive and change your thought process but only you can do it. No one else can do it for you.

Your sister wasn't your life. Yes, she meant a lot to you and I can't begin to imagine how you must be feeling right now, but you can still have a life with out her. Like I said, at first its going to be hard but in time the feelings will slowly begin to become easier and you'll learn ways to cope. This isn't the end for you. You have so much to live for and you can go so far.

Keep smilng,
Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#3 (permalink)) Old
monkey01 Offline
trying to be strong
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: no point - August 14th 2012, 03:54 PM

i know i can but i think i cant chelsey helped me so much i was just starting to feel better and then this happens

There is always someone who cares about you. It may not seem like it but there is. I can promise you that much.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
#summer Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: no point - August 15th 2012, 12:20 AM

hi,
i know it must be hard to loose someone you love, but if you think about it would your sister really want you to do that. She would of wanted you to move on and be happy and for you to remember her when she was happy. there are always people to help you get through this.
It is going to help your family they r grieving over your sister and they really dont need you committing suicide

(#5 (permalink)) Old
monkey01 Offline
trying to be strong
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: no point - August 20th 2012, 04:18 AM

i just can't do it anymore

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: no point - August 20th 2012, 04:11 PM

Chantelle, you create your own happiness. You enter recovery. You can stop yourself from hurting yourself. You can be the change you want to see. But only YOU can do all this things. Nothing is in control of you, not the emotions or the thoughts, YOU are in control of them and its time you took that control. Start using the advice people are giving you and put into action because we can give you as much advice as we can, day in and day out, but if you only listen and don't act, then you won't ever get anywhere and it's down to you to make that change.

Remember, we're here to help and support you but we as a website, can only do so much. You need to have support around you in 'real life' and you need to work hard and help yourself more.

I know this is hard for you and I get that but this has been going on for too long. Its now time for you to put a stop to it all, choose happiness and to start moving on with your life. And honestly, you are worth it.

Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#7 (permalink)) Old
2hot4u Offline
Average Joe

Name: Rachael

Re: no point - August 20th 2012, 08:24 PM

Chantelle, I really understand what you are going through. For me though, it was my mom. She was the one who kept me going. Then she passed away unexpectedly.

I still have days where I don't see it ever getting better and I just want it to end, but it does, slowly, get better.

You need to live to carry on her memory. To remember all the good times you had. She would not want you feeling the way you are, and she would most definitely NOT want you to kill yourself because of her.

It took a lot for me to type the above, because I still really don't believe it at times.

But there are people here for you and im sure you have people there for you at home as well.

~hugs~

If you ever need to talk, pm me.

http://www.teenhelp.org/blogs/2hot4u/

R.I.P Mommy </3 July 1,1963-April 8, 2012. I miss you

It's a momentary relief from the existential terror of existence!

Had to get stitches for the first time due to self harm on June 2, 2013

Closed Thread