TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
thelonely Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: lahra.

try and stop me - August 16th 2012, 10:17 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

im so sick of this. IM SORRY. i cant do this anymore. i have one more thing to do, though. one person i cannot let down. one last thing i have to do, then ill go. i know what i have to do. all i have to do is do it.

i never wanted to go this way. i never wanted to be 'the girl that killed herself.' its just how it is. maybe thats how it was meant to be? i dont know. i sound crazy. maybe i am. maybe thats why im here in the first place.

ive only been on this sight for a short while, but ive met some amazing people on here. i love you all. thankyou so much.

so yeah, ill most likely be dead by next weekend at the latest.

try and stop me.

please...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
leise Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: try and stop me - August 16th 2012, 11:31 AM

I honestly don't know what to say. But since I think you want someone to reply, and no one else is, I guess I'll try. I mean, I don't what's going on in your life right now, but I can tell you Ive thought about suicide too and what stops me, is the thought that it's never to late to be a great person. You could grow up, and if your try, you could help people all lot in your life. If you kill yourself now , then your denying the world any future good you may eventually do.
I also want to say that I don't think you'll just be known as "the girl who killed herself." Any decent person should remember you for who you were, much more then how you died. And I'm sure that somebody will miss that person

(#3 (permalink)) Old
CanadaCraig Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: try and stop me - August 16th 2012, 11:40 AM

Hi Lahra!

I'm very seriously asking....

You say 'this' as in 'you are so sick of THIS'. You can't do THIS anymore.

What is THIS?! What exactly can't you do anymore?

Quite often - very often in fact - people who get to where you are - GET THERE because they have been buying into a LIE. They buy into the LIE that tells them, "YOU have NO choice! YOU have to DO this and that and the other things in order to be accepted AND loved!" And because we all want to be ACCEPTED and LOVED - we buy into the LIE. I know I have. [Quite a few times in fact]

So....... tell me. What is it that YOU think YOU have no choice BUT to DO?!

GREAT BIG HUG
Craig!!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Symphony. Offline
"You're the only light."
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Sarah

Re: try and stop me - August 16th 2012, 04:02 PM

The fact that you want us to stop you shows that there is some part o you that wants to stay. I once read that someone said, " I wanted the pain to go away, not to die." So if you stay and work hard to get better, the pain WILL go away! I promise you. Some day you will feel happy again. And you will be SO GLAD you did not end it. Think of all the people who will be affected by your death. Even if you THINK you can't think of anyone, there IS someone, someone who will be ruined by your death.
Consider what I said, and stay strong! <3

"What's done in the dark will be brought to the light."
Associate HelpLink Mentor

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Katelina Offline
Country for life
Average Joe

Name: Tina

Re: try and stop me - August 16th 2012, 04:56 PM

The fact that you are asking to be stopped shows that you don't truly
want to kill yourself. You want someone to show you why what you will
attempt to do is a terrible idea. Which is a good thing, it means your
subconscious knows that your choice is wrong.

You say you can't do this anymore. You can't stand this anymore. Well
what is this exactly? Is it life bearing down on you? Is it someone special
that you lost? Is it from being bullied? No one can help you get over
this bridge unless we know what "this" is. Life is difficult at times, but its
never worth ending your own.

You claim you don't want to be "that girl who killed herself" then why are
you thinking about doing it? Why are you debating on suicide? If you are
being bullied the best way to avoid that is walk away. Show them you
aren't effected by it. I only say this because from what you said I believe
you can't handle being bullied. It may not be correct or it may be correct.
But listen to this love; those evil people feed off your pain. Smile and walk
away, show them that it doesn't effect you. Even if it does, a smile will
slander all their happiness of seeing you in pain.

Think about what you said; "One more person I can't let down" well killing
yourself surely will let them down. Is that what you want? You don't want
to let them down but are debating suicide. Which will let them down. It will
make them think "Why did she do this to me?" "Did she even care?" "Am I just
something she could play with?" Those questions flowing through their head
will possibly lead them to suicide. Which will lead their best friend to suicide.
Its a chain reaction. Could you live with knowing you caused multiple parents
depression? Could you live with knowing that people followed you because you
wanted to end something special?

We only live once, so why not live to the fullest. Live one day at a time, but
live it to the fullest. Find something that makes you happy everyday, either if
its going out with your friends or kickin up sand on the beach. Do something
different each day and tell us about it. Blog about your day and the funny
stuff you see. If there's a fight nearby; make up your own conversation between
them. Draw little cartoon/stick figures about it including your own conversation.
Hang it up and look at it. Write a poem and make a sculpture about it. Sing a
song in front of a crowd. Random miming. Do something; but don't kill yourself.
Life is too special to give up on it so easily.

Stick around honey; we can show you how life really is meant to be lived.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Tigereyes Offline
I can't get enough

Re: try and stop me - August 17th 2012, 01:16 AM

Please don't kill yourself, Lahra. I know we don't know each other, but I care about you and I'm always here if you want someone to talk to. Don't give up on life. If you don't' want to be known as "the girl who killed herself" then DON'T and keep fighting through the pain. I know it's hard, and I don't know what you're dealing with, but you CAN do this. You're strong enough to hold on a little bit longer. Things will get better eventually. It's okay if you don't believe me about that, but how will you ever know if you don't stay around long enough to find out? You have your whole life in front of you. Don't throw it away. We're always here for you, and if you want to talk, feel free to PM me anytime (you can do this by clicking on the username in the response and clicking "send a private message"). You're not alone in this. Please stay strong.

"Just open your eyes and see that life is beautiful..." ~Sixx:A.M.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Imafrendly Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Joshua

Re: try and stop me - August 17th 2012, 04:05 AM

Well im honestley blown by your choice, so im going to give you the advice i give everyone, Tell a parent, ask cleverbot even! (a website thingy)

Push for tommorow!

Send a message via Skype™ to Imafrendly 
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Amorphous. Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Hamed Khatiz

Re: try and stop me - August 17th 2012, 04:11 AM

Hi, Lahra. I'm Hamed and I am one of the normal members at this site. "try and stop me". Alright. Here goes nothing.

I am so sorry you feel like this and it made me so sad to hear that someone so young feels she has to consider this.

Just the fact that you are alive now is evidence enough that you want to live to some degree. A part of you wants to live, no matter how big or small, you still want to live to some degree.

Right now, Depression and suicidal thoughts are taking over the small part of you that wants to live where a concious desire or unconcious.

Say 97% to 3%.

I am encouraging you to stop for just one week. One week. And then in that one week, think about it again and this time really think about it, take into consideration the part of you that wants to live.

Think about:
  • How people inspire you.
  • How you inspire people, even people you have ever even met yet, people who have not been born yet.
  • How people want to help you every single day and they want to protect you. I am a bit of a police enthusiast and I believe that they are there to help and protect you and they pride themselves in making you safe, they are not the only ones.
  • How people love you.
  • How old you are.
  • Who and what are you are doing this for?What I mean by that is by committing suicide, is it a way of escaping your situation or what? I have got better ways of escaping your situation, better ways of getting better, better ways which get you to learn how to live and love life.
  • People will miss you and they will remember you.
  • Australia. I am a fellow Aussie, western suburbs of Sydney Represent and I know Australians have a heart for this. If I tell ANYONE that you have passed away, they will be DEVASTATED. People will miss you.
  • Demi Lovato and her story and her struggles and what she has been through, need I say more?
  • One DIRECTION! Need I say more?
  • Me. For me and for everyone else who desperately wants you to stay alive ecause we know how precious life is.
And you do too. Deep down, you know how important you are and how much people love you and how much they would miss you.

Even if it is 97% to 3%.

Don't do this, I have evidence of why, it took up nearly 500 words LOL.

Please .

It gets better. I encourage you to stop for just one week and think about those points and I encourage you to get counselling and therapy because it may take time but therapy for suicidal thoughts is designed to enrich and grow that 3% of you that you know is there. It becomes
  • 3%
  • 6%
  • 9%
  • 15%
  • 28%
  • 44%
  • 60%
  • 70%
  • 83%
  • 90%
  • 95%
By the end of one year with constant therapy, strength and time, you will live and love life.

There.

That's all I can do to try to stop you, make suggestions and give you reasons to live and give you explanations and PLEAD with you.

Don't do this .

H.

“At times the world may seem an unfriendly and sinister place,
But believe that there is much more good in it than bad.
All you have to do is look hard enough,
And what might seem to be a series of unfortunate events may in fact be the first steps of a journey.”

~My Childhood Friend.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
thelonely Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: lahra.

Re: try and stop me - August 17th 2012, 07:24 AM

HELLO EVERYBODY. thankyous for replying. you guys have no idea how much it means to me.

everyone is asking what 'this' is. 'this' is everything. its kind of hard to explain.

im going to tell one of my closest friends. she means the world to me, and i dont even want to think about what her reaction to me commiting suicide would be. so im going to try to tell her and hopefully shell force me to tell someone.

so, yeah. im hanging on.

for Alice <3

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Tigereyes Offline
I can't get enough

Re: try and stop me - August 17th 2012, 11:50 AM

I think telling your friend is a great idea, and I hope she helps you find someone else you can tell about this. Good luck.

"Just open your eyes and see that life is beautiful..." ~Sixx:A.M.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread