TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Inspiral Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy Just need some advice. - September 6th 2012, 02:20 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I'm in year 10 this year, and I'm already starting to feel the pressure of school, life, family and friends. Unfortunately, more so than Id prefer. I started of feeling just a bit blue from time to time, then I started getting angry and distant to the people around me. The smallest and most pethetic things upset me. And a few weeks ago, I started to get really depressed. I keep thinking that there is no place in life for me, that I'm being selfish letting myself live in a world that doesn't need me. I see no beauty in myself, always covering my face with make-up so I could at least try and be happy with what I see in the mirror. I have no future, nothing i can do with my pathetic excuse of a life. But then, I started getting ideas about self harming. I mean, who's miss me when I was gone? It was a way out from the pain and suffering I feel everyday. The other night I was lying in bed, staring at the roof, I knew there was a butchers knife in the drawer from when mum cooks. I thought too myself, if I slid it into my heart, It would be so easy just to slip away. So damn easy.
I finally told my mother today how I felt, she's scared that I might take my life over night. I also have a undiagnosed illness in my limbs that have been free effecting my mood.

I want to be happy. But I need a good solid reason to stay on this earth before that'll happen.
What do I do? Who can I go too for help? I know I shouldn't feel this way...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Adam the Fish Offline
The Skittlemeister.
I can't get enough

Name: Adam

Re: Just need some advice. - September 6th 2012, 03:52 PM

If your family can support you as much as possible, that's always good.

Also, your school should have counsellor who you can see free of charge - your pastoral manager / head of year / [whatever you call that role] can let you know when they come in.

Finally, we're not an alternative to people in real life, but there are loads of people here on TH who have experienced similar feelings, and can talk to you.
Feel free to PM me if you want to talk to me at any time.

Skittlify me up...
Adam the Fish | 26/08/12 | 08/10/12 | 02/12/12 | 09/02/13 | 01/06/13 | 30/08/13 | 25/11/13
...spreading happiness and joy around the Internet!
...well, I try, anyway. .......................
private message.visitor message.profile.email
"May we always remember that we are the rainbow."

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Karley

Re: Just need some advice. - September 9th 2012, 10:00 PM

Hun you have SO much to live for!!! You are only year 10! Me being young myself I know how u feel, usless, heartache, broken, no point in living... IVE BEEN THERE!!! I have been in your situation so many times in my life!!! Let me tell you something I have learned since I have started the healing process of depression... YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!! If you need to talk to someone you can email me at depressed.1999@yahoo.com I don't like to message on here... I find it confusing... so you CAN email me whenever you want I WILL reply! You are important to this world... God loves you you are important! You have so much potential!!! You have barely even lived yet... ONLY 10 years... you don't start to live til you are 18 and move out!!! It WILL be worth it!

Closed Thread