TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: Lea

Getting Bad Again... - September 28th 2012, 01:45 AM

I don't know what to do... I feel so overwhelmed, it's like I'm imploding. I'm so stressed out and all the SH thoughts are flooding back. Plus my current confusing relationship isn't helping at all... I feel like the walls are closing in on me and I'm suffocating... My emotions are in complete over-drive right now and I can hardly breathe... I don't even know what to do about anything anymore....

-I'll Paint You A Picture, One With A Twist, I'll Paint It In Red, With The Canvas On My Wrist-

Last edited by Palmolive; September 28th 2012 at 09:24 PM. Reason: Removing prefix

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: Getting Bad Again... - September 28th 2012, 09:23 PM

Hi there.

Feeling overwhelmed isn't a nice feeling. I'm glad that you have come to us here at Teenhelp. I know it can be hard reaching out and I think you have taken a positive step forward in doing so.

You say you feel stressed. Can I ask if you know what it is that is making you stressed? It could be that there is more than one thing that is making you feel stressed but if you talk to us about them, we might be able to help you out with them. Do you ever take time out to relax? I mean, everyone's idea of relaxing is different. When I relax I get a bath, go for a walk, snuggle in bed with a dvd and a hot choccy or do art work while listening to music. Perhaps taking half an hour out for yourself each day might help lower your stress levels.

What are the self harm thoughts for you? Is it about the pain, the blood, the harming yourself? I want you to know that you're worth a lot more than the pain you'd be putting yourself through. Self harming is not really going to help. Not in the long run, but it could make things a lot worse, you know? When you get the urges, try and distract yourself from them, but remember trying new distractions is a trial and error game. Not everything is going to help you and its important you don't give up on everyone when something doesn't help. Keep on trying new things.

I don't about the relationship problems you're having so maybe if you feel able to do so, it would help you to post in the relationship and dating forum to get some advice for that, if you want it. Users on here will try there best to help you.

How about finding a healthy way to express your emotions? I know its overwhelming when they are all over the place so trying to get some of them out might help, yeah? Try different things. Try writing, reading, creating song lyrics or poems, doing art work, dance, sport and so on. Find a way to express yourself. It might help.

If there's ever anything you want to talk about, know that we're always here for you. I know that this is hard right now but it isn't always going to be this way. Things can and they will get better for you in time. And don't be on your own, ok? People love and care about you and they want to help you, but in order for them to do so, you have to let them in and let them know what is going on for you right now.

You can do this, keep smiling,
Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

Closed Thread