TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

View Poll Results: How can i fix myself?
should i just kill myself? 1 4.35%
try therapy? or some form of that 22 95.65%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
DtD Dahlia Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Taylor

help me - September 30th 2012, 04:50 PM

hi,
Im a 15 year old girl that seriously needs help. i've been thinking about suicide for over 4 years now and it is just tearing me apart. i have no one that i can tell this to because they will judge me, all of the people i hang out with won't understand me, and my family will think that im crazy and put me away. at this point i just want this all to be over and done with.

Last edited by Palmolive; September 30th 2012 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Removing prefix
  Send a message via MSN to DtD Dahlia  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: help me - September 30th 2012, 05:32 PM

Hi there,

Firstly I'm glad you came to us at Teenhelp. It sounds like things have been really rough for you recently. You deserve the support!

Suicidal thoughts aren't easy to cope with and I can relate to that. Having such horrible thoughts in your mind all the time is not a pleasant thing to experience. A lot of people who get so low that they think about killing themselves, have often gone through something or are going through something that is making them feel so low. Is there anything going on for you or that has happened in the past which is triggering these thoughts and making you feel this way? If there isn't, that's fine but I want you to know that if there is something, you can talk to us about it. We won't judge you but we can listen and try to support you through it.

It might be a good idea for you to create your own list of reasons to live. You don't have to to sit down for half an hour and complete it, you can do it over time. It can be little things to live for such as to eat chocolate, to go on walks at your favourite place, to spend time with your pet, to see the sun sets and it can be bigger things like your future career and University, children, learning to drive and so on. You honestly have a lot to live for. You're only fifteen - your life hasn't even begun yet. The world is at your feet and you can do what ever you want to do and go where ever you want to go.

I don't know why you think that anyone you tell about this will judge you? Yes, some people might in life but not the ones who are close to you. And the ones who do judge you, well, it shows more about them as a person than it does you. But like I said the people close to you, won't judge you. They'll want to be there for you and support you through this. There is nothing wrong about you feeling this way. I doubt very much that your family will think you are crazy. And I am not sure what you mean about 'they will put you away'. But it's important for you to know people do care about you, they can and want to help you but they can only do so if they know what is going on for you right now.

Who can you talk to? A friend, a parent, a sibling, another family member, a teacher, a school nurse/counsellor, a pastoral support officer and even your doctor. All these people care and can help. And its okay for you to let them in, you know?

I know you want to be done with it. Feeling this way is exhausting both physically and emotionally but it won't be like this for ever. However, if you want this to change, you have to change something. I think its best for you to start talking to someone and to start getting some support. But also to help yourself by thinking positive and doing distractions and so on when you feel really low. And its important that if you do talk to someone, you work with them. Take their advice and use it. Don't just listen, you know?

And remember, we're always here. You're never alone.

Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
tryinghardx Offline
Not a n00b

Re: help me - September 30th 2012, 08:16 PM

Why do you think like this? Did something ever happen?
Firstly, killing yourself is NEVER the right choice. I mean, yes, everyone's opinion differs in this case but this is what is mine. It's as if you're telling the world that you're not strong enough. Some people have it harder than you do, they're trying, aren't they?
You're 15. You have your whole life full of adventures and love and fun waiting for you. Don't give up on it.
Secondly, how to deal with this. I think you should ask yourself. What is that is making you think this way? If you can't come up with a reason then that clearly means that losing your life isn't worth it.
And please, think about your family and friends. It'll affect them more than you can imagine.
I'm just trying to help you out. I've felt depressed many times in my life. I have felt like it is easier to die. But that's just it. Do you really want to take the easy way out without fair reason?

Don't judge me because I sin differently from you.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Ekatism Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: help me - October 7th 2012, 03:15 AM

hi,

sounds to me like you are not happyy about yourself. I want to know what gave you these thoughts in the first place. I do understand what you are going through but at the end of the dayy all i can sayy is that it is up to you on how you act on it...Suicide is never the answer but you have to keep giving yourself happyy thoughts. Stayy awayy from the negativityy because it does start to eat you up. Which makes you isolated from realityy...You start to lose people you dont want to and then bit byy bit you start to think that the onlyy escape is to get rid of yourself...Trust me when i sayy it is never worth it...you need to talk to people that understand and sometimes its wayy better to talk to strangers because theyy are more understanding like me...im alwayys gonna be here to talk if you want to...

Closed Thread