TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
target123 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

I have no friends - October 3rd 2012, 04:00 PM

I'm feeling really down because I have no friends. At least not any close friends, I talk to people, but I can't get a relationship going with them. Even the ones who get close to me, I begin to suddenly hate them out of nowhere and that makes me really depressed. I can't meet anyone new without feeling bad because I'm not capable of talking to people and I feel like they are being forced to talk to me. I can0t build interest.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Francois Offline
Average Joe

Name: Francois

Re: I have no friends - October 3rd 2012, 06:05 PM

I have a similar problem, except that I do not have the same communication problems that you do. I can talk to people fairly easily.

Close friends don't come along very often, only once in a long while, but once you do get a true friend, they can end up being a friend for life. I have a handful of close friends, and one really close friend. None of them live close to me any more, but every time I see them we can still connect. The funny thing is, my closest friend's life path is totally different to mine, we have different religions, and if we spend to much time together we end up arguing a crap load. But, if we only meet up every so often, we are the greatest friends in the world. We have an unbreakable bond, and if I don't see him for ten years, and then meet up with him, we will still be the best of friends. That is the true meaning if best friends forever.

It took 15 years to get this friend...

All in the name of adrenalin

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Odyne Offline
The Goddess Of Pain

Regular TeenHelper

Name: Lucy

Re: I have no friends - October 3rd 2012, 07:57 PM

I use to think: rather 1 true friend than 10 fake.
I've been bullied a lot, and the few friends I had was also bullied because they were with me. Then I became sick, and lost many friends, and I felt so sad and alone. But you know what? It's only the true friends that hang in there. And they mean so much to me.

private message & visitor message
I'm here for you, if you need to talk.

I am beginning to measure myself in strength, not pounds. Sometimes in smiles.
Laurie Halse Anderson, Wintergirls

(#4 (permalink)) Old
peggythegray Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Peggy Gray

Re: I have no friends - October 6th 2012, 08:21 PM

I also have this problem. But mainly beacuse I'm so awkward when meeting new people, I just can't bring myself to say anything... and the few friends I have either never want to meet me, or have a life of their own too... which they obviously are entitled to. but still... it leaves me alone a lot. Which is bad, for me.

Closed Thread