TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
losthope Offline
Banned
Not a n00b

Help. I dont know what to do anymore - October 5th 2012, 10:10 AM

Hello Everyone-

I am really struggling right now school has been really hard my teachers are so mean they are constantly on me about the littlest things I go from class to class ready to break down but some how I manage to keep it inside and manage. I went to Math Class and my teacher was handing out things and then she asked me if she could see me in the hall and I thought I was in trouble but she noticed how upset I was. I need to hide it better because I broke down in the hall I started crying and I wanted to cut so f'ing bad. I kept thinking about suicide saying to myself it could all stop if I just end it, the pain will finally END! I could be free from this horrible life.

I want to die. :/

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jay
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Re: Help. I dont know what to do anymore - October 5th 2012, 10:18 AM

Hey man,

don't give up.

This is what I do when the class is getting to me: I ask the teacher if I can sit outside for a bit and do my work, calm myself down.

Don't take the suicide solution. I don't know your history but whatever is getting your down, obviously other than school, it is only one chapter of your life. YOu need to be strong and keep going. What life is, is a hallway, there are a bunch of doors and those doors are the easy way out (suicide), you need to keep walking that hallway, keep your chin up, keep breathing, stay calm and don't fear what is ahead. I bet you your future is going to be amazing! Your goals will be achieved! It may take some time but keep strong, keep walking.

Don't end your life just yet. You're still young! You can keep fighting. Just do this, imagine your pain on your family, your friends, this isn'y guilting you into staying, this is what came to me last night in the form of a poem I wrote. Imagine them in your pain, would you wish it on them to feel this? This is your fight and you can win it!

PM me if you need to talk. I know how it feels to face suicide and feel like it's the end. It's so easy to do but you need to know people need you around!

Don't hesitate to message me, seriously, I'm bored out of my mind here and I need someone to talk to :P

Jay.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: Help. I dont know what to do anymore - October 5th 2012, 11:05 AM

Hey there

I'm sorry that things seem to be rough for you right now and you're struggling a lot.

I'm sorry that your teachers seem to be bothering you. I think we've all seen this happen. I know several kids when I was in school who every teacher seemed to have a go at them for everything, but that was mostly because they were doing things wrong, even if they were small things and the teachers generally got fed up of it. What do you teachers have a go at you for? Do you think you're doing things wrong, even if they're small things and could you change that?

Your math teacher sounds nice. Have you thought about talking to them and telling them what's going on for you? I know talking about all of this can be really hard but talking can really help too. They'll be able to support you and get you more support if they feel you need it and if you want it. You could also talk to them about the problems you're having in school and I'm sure they'd be able to talk through it with you and help to stop these problems in school. If you don't feel able to talk to them, could you talk to someone else such as a school nurse/counsellor, a parent or even your doctor? These people all care and love about you and they can help you get through this if you let them in. You don't need to hide from anyone at all.

Do you struggle with the urges to hurt yourself often? I know when we get those urges they can be really hard to beat because they can often feel overwhelming, but remember, you're in control and the only person who can stop you from self harming is you. However, like I said, people can help you through it and it okay to let them in to support you. When you get urges I suggest you try distracting yourself but remember that not everything is going to help you. It's all about trial and error. Don't stop trying things when you come across things that don't help - Keep on trying new things. Distractions aren't the answer in the long run but they can be really helpful in the short term. In the long run, you need to start to understand, cope, manage and over come what it is triggering you and causing these urges and that's why I suggest you reach out and talk to someone.

Yes, you could kill yourself and that would end the pain. But it would end everything. That means not having happiness. If you fight through this and beat it which you can, you can reach happiness and you can life your life to the full. If you work through this, and learn to manage it, you can overcome it. Set yourself goals and aim high because you're more than capable of achieving your potential if you work hard. And my friend, time is a healer. So keep on going, okay? Because you're worth it and so is your life.

We're always here if you want to talk, keep fighting and keep smiling :-)
Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

Closed Thread