TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
LSUfan85 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Alex

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP?! - October 9th 2012, 04:21 AM

Alright, my parents have given me an ultimatium, if i get A and B's for a semester i can get a car and a license. I have just given up hope, i have no motivation and could care less. I really want a car, but It seems like i just dont care enough to try. And its just not school, i dont care about anything, I just sleep all day and just dont give a fuckk. I have these terrible empty feelings , and im so lonely. when i think about my future, i just dont even picture myself lliving anymore, is this normal depression stuff? No matter what my parents say it just goes right through my ears

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Caiti2 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Caitlin-Marie

Re: SOMEONE PLEASE HELP?! - October 9th 2012, 05:42 AM

hey im really sorry to hear about how you are feeling and tbh i understand where you are coming from its soo hard to find the motivation to believe in yourself and do well in school and there are sooo many wonderful options in life its just soo hard to see where you will be in the future it is completly normal to not know want you want in life but being depressed and feeling empty isnt exactly a normal emotion and my sergestion to you is to seek some help from a councilar or friend or maybe even talk to your parents about how you are feeling and the pressure you might feel from this car thing? just no your not alone and there is help out there, also you should consider getting up and trying new things making new friends and finding things to care about
i hope things get better for you and pm anytime im here for you
xxxxxxxx caitlin

(#3 (permalink)) Old
We are here for each other.
Welcome me, I'm new!

Smile Re: SOMEONE PLEASE HELP?! - October 12th 2012, 06:49 PM

Hey,
It is interesting that parents have offered you a car for the grades that I am sure you will reach.
Motivation comes from inside you that wants to move and reach the goal you were aming for.
Though in this case it seems like you are stressing more than being motivated. Though this is a very common feeling of being overwhelm. This would also bring in the feelings lonely and being useless.
Maybe you need another point of view. Honestly you don't even need a car. Get the license though
I will get into more of a personal note:
My parents have never finished highschool or college. I see how hard they work each day to support myself and my brothers to go to college/university and there is 3 of us.
After I finished highschool I was told that I could never get into college because I did not have the credits.
But that did not stop me. The thought of my parents, the words of my guidance, the sadness in my heart all came together and said "STOP! Hold back a minute and think about this."

I found a motivation and it was a challenge. I dont take no as an answer and if someone tells me I cannot do something. I will prove them wrong.

Instead of this car maybe you need to see another outlook on things. Maybe a challenge could do the trick?
You are not lonely and you will never be alone. Remember that ok? Do not make grades your life and do not look down on yourself or anyone else.

We are all like diamonds. Unique, valuable and beautiful in our own way. It does take a diamond to cut another diamond but the cuts can make you into a masterpiece.

Yes I did get into college after 3 months and today I am successful. And I am sure you will get the lift you need!

Let me know if this was any help
Take care

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jay
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Re: SOMEONE PLEASE HELP?! - October 13th 2012, 09:34 AM

Hey,
I know how hard it is to get motivation when you're depressed. Trust me, I might have to repeat if I get 2 more board os studies letters for not completing assignments. But it does feel worthless.
All you can do is push yourself, even if you don't want to.

I have a feeling you can do this.

Jay.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.

Closed Thread