TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jay
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Mum snaked my therapist appointment - October 10th 2012, 10:13 AM

So, today was the day I was going to tell her I was depressed and I had sorted out to get her to read one of my poems. Anyway, we went to the beach before and mum and I had a massive arguement. We went to the therapist and waited. We went in, because my therapist wants to hear how I have been from my mum.
GUess what! Mum started fucking crying! And so for 20 minutes instead of talking to me, my therapist talked to mum instead and then said, (mum) come back in half an hour and I'll talk to you on your own. That was my appointment and I fucking didn't get to talk!
I told mum that she was a fucking bitch and then left. I walked along the beach, texted an old friend of mine a message saying 'I don't know what to do anymore nor where to go' so I ran away for the afternoon. When my friend rang me as soon as he asked if I was okay I was sobbing. Only a few tears escaped my eyes but I was crying and my voice was thick :/ and he asked if I wanted to keep texting but then I managed to tell him what had happened. So I just walked around, nearly ran in front of a few cars since I wasn't paying attention. I felt like I wasn't in control, I was twitching and stumbling, I felt drunk but I wasn't. So I stayed out till late and then made my way home, BUT mum rang me and got the neighbour to pick me up so I was fuming again.
She wasn't fucking worried about me! She was just thankful she could get attention by texting all of our relatives and being like 'hey, Jay's run away'.
I hate her sometimes, and now is one of those moments..... The only reason I came back was I felt lightheaded, dizzy and had a headache from missing two of my pills :/ now I'm in excruciating pain, my muscles are and my bad knee are wrecked. PLUS I had to hand in an assignment tomorrow and because of this stunt I couldn't do it......
My friend told me he thought mum was unstable and he told me that it was okay to be upset. He told me I was mature enough to be able to walk away for a few hours. But, mum just looks at me with disappointment, PITY! I HATE PITY!
You might think it stupid of me to runaway for something stupid like that, but it felt good to just walk around and be free for a while.

Jay.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Francois Offline
Average Joe

Name: Francois

Re: Mum snaked my therapist appointment - October 10th 2012, 11:43 AM

You weren't stupid. You have the right to be alone and walk around if you want to. Snaking your appointment was a dick move. I guess she needed it too, but damn, it was your appointment, not hers! I also hate it when therapists talk to parents first. I say that the therapist shouldn't talk to the parents until they talked to the kid first, and then only if it is really necessary or if the kid asks the therapist to talk to them.

All in the name of adrenalin

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Re: Mum snaked my therapist appointment - October 10th 2012, 11:49 AM

Thanks, I was insanely angry with her, she's lucky she still has all her teeth right now. I know she is an extreme attention seeker and hates it when she doesn't get the right amount of sympathy.
No joke, when I was in hospital mum would post updates and mum would tell me all those whom DIDN'T comment or message her to see if SHE was fucking okay! It drives me nuts she gets away with this, I should just tell her to grow the fuck up.
She barely wonders if I'm okay and sometimes I shout after her 'I'm fine thanks for asking' sarcastically. I mean, before she ruins my baby sisters life with her bullshit she needs to get her act together.

Jay.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Francois Offline
Average Joe

Re: Mum snaked my therapist appointment - October 10th 2012, 12:02 PM

Hey, maybe she really does need to see a therapist then... But her OWN therapist. She mustn't come and steal yours.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Mum snaked my therapist appointment - October 10th 2012, 12:05 PM

She's seeing my therapist and is booking sessions right after mine! ARGH! This was what made seeing my last one unbearable, mum and R were good friends and it was sooo awkward! Now it's going to happen again! Now I'll never be able to get help might as well die now.

Jay.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Francois Offline
Average Joe

Re: Mum snaked my therapist appointment - October 10th 2012, 12:48 PM

Calm down. Don't let her actions affect the way you feel. You are the master of your own mind. Sometimes help is helpful, but in the end it still all comes down to you. You are much more powerful than you think, don't let other people tell you otherwise.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Mum snaked my therapist appointment - October 11th 2012, 01:12 AM

Not anymore, after fighting this fight for so long it is just tiresome and a nuisance to live. I hurt everyone around me as easily as breathing and sooner or later everybody leaves me in the darkness. I am sick of feeling this way each and every fucking day. My friends don't understand why I feel this way, nor can I explain this to them!
I wish I could just leave this world, nobody would care. but, I think of him (guy I like) and I feel so shit that I wish to say goodbye or sorry to him before I do it. But, he makes me feel better when I see his name. But, he can't keep making me hold on forever.

Jay.

Closed Thread