TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
eyva Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

feeling alone - October 10th 2012, 10:02 PM

Hello. First of all, im sorry for my english. I'm polish, so sometimes i make mistakes.
It's my first thread on this page.
I just have to say something about my situation, because i feel nobody wants to listen to me. I think my family is tired of me. I feel so lonely, i don't have anybody to talk to. i'm frightened about people and their thoughts. I feel like everyone doesn't like me. I'm not an interesting person. Sometimes i want to kill myself, because i think my life makes no sense. I want to live for somebody, but i can't. Every day i wake up, go to school, come back and go to sleep. Nobody invites me, nobody wants talk to me. My doctor just gives me drugs and says 'go away'. I don't want to live like that, but i don't know either what should i do with this. Is there someone, who can give me some advice?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Liminal Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: feeling alone - October 11th 2012, 12:21 AM

Eyva,

I'm sorry you're going through such a hard time. It's good that you're here and talking: that's the first step to finding your way out of a dark place, and there are people here who've been where you are.

It seems like there's a lot of things going on in your life that are contributing to your depression. Is there something that's giving you an especially hard time now, or something that you particularly want to talk about? Something that pushed you to search for support here? There's a lot of general advice we can give, but in my experience this will be more manageable for you if we take it piece by piece. Every little positive change counts.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
TheQuietGirl Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Abigail

Re: feeling alone - October 11th 2012, 12:22 AM

Hi there sweetheart. First of all, welcome to Teen Help

Feeling alone is probably one of the worst feelings, because you think that nobody can feel exactly what you feel, and because of that they are no help. We definitely can not know exactly how you feel, because we are not you. However, we can help.

Can you get involved in any clubs at school that will help you meet new people? Or just go up to someone and compliment them? That's always a good way to make new friends.

Your doctor really should not just be giving you pills and having you go away. Could you visit another doctor? Maybe going to a therapist can help? It doesn't work for everyone, but some people find it helpful.

And please, hun, always feel free to message me. I would absolutely love talking to you. I will 110% always be here for you. There is always somebody out there who cares about you. And if you don't believe me, know that I care about you and want to see you happy.

Lots of Love <3
Abigail

(#4 (permalink)) Old
eyva Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: feeling alone - October 11th 2012, 06:35 AM

Hi, thank you so much for replies.
I just want to have a friend, who would listen to me and hug me. But my the worst problem is that i'm scared of people. I was diagnosed with social phobia. I'm not scared, when i'm going out to for example shop. But in school, when teachers ask me a question to me and everybody stares at me, i can't even speak. I don't want to cut off from world and just be in home the hole time.
I have a therapist, but i'm just scared of tell her something about it. I feel like we all did not pay any attention to me. Like i'm invisible.
I think i'll go to my school psychologist. But I think i'll be scared, and ultimately i did not tell her anything.

Thanks you again for listen to me

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Skatergirl Offline
Skater for life
Average Joe

Re: feeling alone - October 14th 2012, 01:33 AM

I'll be your friend, and I'll listen to you! I would hug you, but I doubt you live anywhere near me.
Your life won't always be like this. I know it seems like a broken record right now, but it'll change.
Hang in there. I'm sure your family isn't tired of you. Maybe they are just stressed about something else right now?
Be strong.

I try my best to help, but that doesn't always mean I will be helpful.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Gladys

Re: feeling alone - October 20th 2012, 03:18 AM

For so long in my life music and books have been my on my only firends.I was diagnosed with depression 3 years after my great-grandfathers death.He was my best friend,he was always there for me.It's so hard to go on without him now i'ts been almost six years after his death.I'm so scared.I just miss him so much.And I don't know why god made him sick and took him away from me.He's never gonna get to see me walk down the aisle,he wasn't there for my first heart-break.I am so alone there's noone around for me to talk to.They don't understand.Yeah everybody's had someone close to them die,but not like this.When he died the majority of me went with him.Sometimes I wish I had been the one to get sick not him.
  Send a message via Yahoo to musicismyonlyfriend98  
Closed Thread