TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Skatergirl Offline
Skater for life
Average Joe

Exclamation Amanda Todd [Triggering (self-harm and suicide)] - October 12th 2012, 09:22 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of death or grieving, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

On October 10th 2012, Amanda Todd took her own life.
I never knew her, but my heart is deeply hurting for her, and what she went through.
There are so many people in this world that well.... pretty much have no heart.
Amanda was bullied for so long, and it led to this.
Whoever is reading this and also in a stage where Amanda was, please do not take the path she did.
Get help. Be heard. And be saved.
For those of you who have heard of this story of Amanda probably also know that there are now tons of pages on Facebook posted in memory of her, because those people feel for her, and are now crying for her. People that never even knew her, but now care.
So yes, there are people in this cold world that actually do have hearts.
I know sometimes when you really need someone like that, they are REALLY hard to find.
I just want to tell you to please do not commit suicide.

Anyone who needs help, and just need a friend to talk to, please do not hesitate to message me.
Because I care, just like Jesus cares.

For those of you who haven't seen the video Amanda posted before she took her life. Here it is.
Spread the word to stop bullying, and to stop suicide.

This video could be triggering/upsetting to some users
Amanda Todd's Story

I try my best to help, but that doesn't always mean I will be helpful.

Last edited by Palmolive; October 13th 2012 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Adding triggering prefix :)

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
OscarrJo Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Stephanie

Re: Amanda Todd - October 12th 2012, 11:31 PM

I wish I could of met her..

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Dreaming of the Osaka sun.
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Silva

Re: Amanda Todd - October 13th 2012, 12:54 AM

That is sad I wish I could have known her, and tried to help

Do we remember all the sad things that happened before today, or have we forgotten them?

~Maeda Jun

(#4 (permalink)) Old
escape♥ Offline
Happiness is waiting for you<3
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Paula

Re: Amanda Todd - October 13th 2012, 01:02 AM

That's so sad, and terrible.
I hope you has a better life on the other side. <3
People are terrible.
~paula

If you're looking for a sign not to kill yourself tonight, this is it.
"May the odds be ever in your favour"
"A strong person is one who can smile this morning like they weren't crying last night."
Your never alone, I'm always here for you. Shoot me a VM or PM.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
liberty9331 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Libby

Re: Amanda Todd - October 13th 2012, 01:05 AM

If I had known her, and what she was going through, I would've wanted to try to be her friend and advocate.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Anonymous

Re: Amanda Todd - October 13th 2012, 03:20 AM

This is so sad..if anyone needs help please contact me! I'm here to help! amanda didn0t deserve any of this

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jay
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Re: Amanda Todd - October 13th 2012, 08:30 AM

I've watched the video before from another thread here. I wish someone had taken her serious.
I wish to meet her in the next life.

Jay.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount32

Edit avatar

Re: Amanda Todd - October 13th 2012, 10:57 AM

Thank you for making a thread. This is a truly heartbreaking story. The description of her video makes it even more-so:

Quote:
I'm struggling to stay in this world, because everything just touches me so deeply. I'm not doing this for attention. I'm doing this to be an inspiration and to show that I can be strong. [...] I hope I can show you guys that everyone has a story, and everyones future will be bright one day, you just gotta pull through. I'm still here aren't I ?
I wish that Amanda could have maintained that hope for the future. It's awful what those kids did... encouraging her to kill herself after she attempted. You'd think that at that point, they would have realized that it wasn't all fun and games and that they needed to back off. Kids really are ruthless...

Just a warning: The video has a picture of self-harm at the end that might be triggering.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Stargazed. Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: Amanda Todd - October 13th 2012, 12:58 PM

I heard about this yesterday and I obsessively read every story and watched her videos. It's so, so, so sickening that people could do this to such a sweet girl. My heart is truly broken for her. I wish that somehow, someway, I could have gotten to talk to her. Sighs.

R.I.P Amanda <3

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Skatergirl Offline
Skater for life
Average Joe

Re: Amanda Todd - October 13th 2012, 01:20 PM

Same here. I wish I could have been there for her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colored Shadows View Post
Just a warning: The video has a picture of self-harm at the end that might be triggering.
Thanks for pointing that out. I couldn't change it, so I just edited it into the title.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
TheQuietGirl Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Abigail

Re: Amanda Todd [Triggering (self-harm and suicide)] - October 14th 2012, 12:03 AM

Garsh, I feel absolutely horrible about what she had to go through </3 I cried so hard when I was reading about her and watching the video. I just couldn't..

And it makes me sick to my stomach some peoples' reactions to this. I just got into a confrontation with some guy on Facebook (he's my friend on there, but I haven't talked to him in forever) because he was being offensive towards her. It's unacceptable. How are people finding that to be the appropriate way to deal with this? Like.. What is this?

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jay
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Re: Amanda Todd - October 14th 2012, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skatergirl View Post
Thanks for pointing that out. I couldn't change it, so I just edited it into the title.
Hey, just letting you know if you press on your first post to edit then press advanced settings you can add a triggering tag.

Jay.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.

(#13 (permalink)) Old
Skatergirl Offline
Skater for life
Average Joe

Re: Amanda Todd - October 14th 2012, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope To Cope View Post
Hey, just letting you know if you press on your first post to edit then press advanced settings you can add a triggering tag.

Jay.
I tried that, but it didn't show up. :/

(#14 (permalink)) Old
Lumos. Offline
Used to be Don'tForget
I can't get enough

Name: Dionna

Re: Amanda Todd [Triggering (self-harm and suicide)] - October 14th 2012, 02:35 AM

This is so sad. I hate that someone could do that to someone, tell them to kill themselves. Tell someone to take their own life, i could never in a billion years do that. I cried while watching this.

RIP. Amanda Todd

From day one I talked about getting out
But not forgetting about
How all my worst fears are letting out
He said, "Why put a new address on the same old loneliness?"
When breathing just passes the time
Until we all just get old and die
  Send a message via Skype™ to Lumos. 
  (#15 (permalink)) Old
.:Peach_Out:. Offline
pain demands to be felt
Average Joe

Name: Dominick Joseph

Re: Amanda Todd [Triggering (self-harm and suicide)] - October 14th 2012, 03:38 AM

i care i do but amanda todd why is she so important every 40 secounds some one kills them self im not trying to be mean but i was almost one of those people

" Blue hydrangea, cold cash, divine, cashmere, cologne and white sunshine."

(#16 (permalink)) Old
Melancholia. Offline
Devil Dez

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: Amanda Todd [Triggering (self-harm and suicide)] - October 14th 2012, 04:00 AM

It is so horrible when someone, anyone feels the need to commit suicide. RIP Amanda Todd as well as anyone who has become a victim, or near-victim of suicide. <3

Let it come and let it be...

Send a message via Yahoo to Melancholia.  
  (#17 (permalink)) Old
Skatergirl Offline
Skater for life
Average Joe

Re: Amanda Todd [Triggering (self-harm and suicide)] - October 14th 2012, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by life's_a_true_bitch View Post
i care i do but amanda todd why is she so important every 40 secounds some one kills them self im not trying to be mean but i was almost one of those people
Everyone is important. Amanda is not any more important then you are. Remember that. You are special, and please don't ever do what Amanda did. There is so much to look forward to in this life.

(#18 (permalink)) Old
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Manasvi
Location: A hidden, faaaaar-off world where people love each other and everything is just perfect. :)

Re: Amanda Todd [Triggering (self-harm and suicide)] - October 14th 2012, 10:25 AM

I wish this didn't happen.
R.I.P. Amanda! </3

All we can do is Keep Breathing...!

(#19 (permalink)) Old
jake_96 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jake

Re: Amanda Todd [Triggering (self-harm and suicide)] - October 15th 2012, 12:08 PM

Here's my opinion on the whole Amanda Todd issue.

I've always believed that there's three sides to every story. The first person's side, the second person's side, and the truth. The only person who knew the truth was Amanda Todd. I'm not saying that what she posted on YouTube was a lie, but I'm also not saying that what people on the other side of the argument have said is a lie.

However, no matter which side is correct, no matter what the truth is, did she really deserved to be pushed enough that she attempts and succeeds in committing suicide? No. Absolutely not. No matter how many mistakes she had made, she didn't deserve this. I wouldn't wish what she went through on my worst enemy.

The jokes that I have seen going around about her are sickening, but I can't say I'm surprised considering what I've seen on the internet.

Anyway, I'm tired and I have school tomorrow, so I've probably left out some of what I wanted to say. I just wanted to post my opinion on here before I went to bed. Good night everyone.

R.I.P. Amanda Todd

(#20 (permalink)) Old
survivor. :)
I've been here a while

Name: Anna

Re: Amanda Todd [Triggering (self-harm and suicide)] - October 15th 2012, 03:58 PM

Just seen about this now, heartbreaking. I wish she had seen what to live for, she was beautiful and had such an inspiring story. Rest in peace Amanda <3

You have to have the negative things in life
to be able to appreciate the positives.
TG 05/04/2013

(#21 (permalink)) Old
hopefuldreamer Offline
lost in wonderland
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Tonya

Re: Amanda Todd [Triggering (self-harm and suicide)] - October 17th 2012, 06:00 PM

I have both lost a loved one to suicide and attempted to suicide and I would just like to say that its a horrible thing when someone feels the need to end their life. No matter what the reason no one should have to go through this. Sometimes it may seem like you can't continue, but please please do not give up! hang in there things will get better. What happened to Amanda Todd is horrible and I wish she had been able to get the help she needed so she wouldn't have taken her own life. All we can do know is remember her and learn from the situation. If you or someone you know is going through a hard time be there for each other try to help each other as much as possible. Try not judge others because you may not know what they are going through. No one wants to wake up to discover that someone close to them as ended their life... If anyone ever feels like they are at that point in their life please reach out and try to get help, because I promise you there are people who will do everything in their power to help you. I want you all to know that you can PM me anytime if you ever need to talk. RIP Amanda Todd and all others who ended their own lives <3 you will not be forgotten

Buddy since 11/17/12 Live Help Operator since 1/27/13 HelpLINK Mentor since 6/30/13
Email: tgentry7712@gmail.com send me an email if you want to.

Tumblr ecaepevolhgualevil
  Send a message via Skype™ to hopefuldreamer 
  (#22 (permalink)) Old
Breathe~me Offline
Average Joe

Name: Janine

Re: Amanda Todd [Triggering (self-harm and suicide)] - October 20th 2012, 02:00 AM

It's terrible how most people can't see what they are doing until one person is dead or gone and how society can judge and criticize you to an extent where they may begin to hate you then when you are pushed to an escape; all they can say is 'I wish there was something I could have done' or 'I wish I could have helped'. I mean people have to learn that bullying isn't just apart of childish behaviors or part of growing up (that most people may think you'll just get over it), It's something that can RUIN your life or it can take something from you that you won't be able to live to regret. Girls tend to look up to the media and think 'oh nicole richie and paris hilton hate eachother/ are being bitches to eachother - their my favourite role models i should do that too!' . There should be more talks in schools, clubs and communities spreading the word that bullying CAN KILL and words DO hurt. How many more teen suicides do we need to get this message across? how many more grieving parents and friends to end this ?
-RIP Amanda todd, you were loved even if you couldn't see it; we all make mistakes but no one deserves to die from their mistakes. You shall be among with the beautiful angels in heaven
  Send a message via MSN to Breathe~me  
  (#23 (permalink)) Old
Breathe~me Offline
Average Joe

Name: Janine

Re: Amanda Todd [Triggering (self-harm and suicide)] - October 20th 2012, 02:00 AM

It's terrible how most people can't see what they are doing until one person is dead or gone and how society can judge and criticize you to an extent where they may begin to hate you then when you are pushed to an escape; all they can say is 'I wish there was something I could have done' or 'I wish I could have helped'. I mean people have to learn that bullying isn't just apart of childish behaviors or part of growing up (that most people may think you'll just get over it), It's something that can RUIN your life or it can take something from you that you won't be able to live to regret. Girls tend to look up to the media and think 'oh nicole richie and paris hilton hate eachother/ are being bitches to eachother - their my favourite role models i should do that too!' . There should be more talks in schools, clubs and communities spreading the word that bullying CAN KILL and words DO hurt. How many more teen suicides do we need to get this message across? how many more grieving parents and friends to end this ?
-RIP Amanda todd, you were loved even if you couldn't see it; we all make mistakes but no one deserves to die from their mistakes. You shall be among with the beautiful angels in heaven
  Send a message via MSN to Breathe~me  
  (#24 (permalink)) Old
jsegoviano Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Joel

Re: Amanda Todd [Triggering (self-harm and suicide)] - October 20th 2012, 03:53 AM

If anyone needs someone to talk to, or even just to listen, I would like to help you. I've always felt that when someone is depressed, or they feel alone, I would like to help them. See, at one point I was going through depression and anxiety, it was terrible. I feel that no one should have to go through that, if anyone wants to talk about any subject at all whether it be bullying or anything, please feel free to ask.

I just feel terrible about how people make others feel, I don't know if anyone heard about what happened to this young girl named Amanda Todd, I watched her YouTube video and it broke my heart. It inspired me to try and make a small effort to help someone.

Feel free to email me joelsegoviano1212@Yahoo.com

Thank you,

Joel

Closed Thread