TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
a_s_d Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Gemma

A bit nervous - October 13th 2012, 11:25 AM

Hello, wow. My first ever post...Scary

I'm Gemma, aged 19 and I have Autism. I wasn't sure what section to post this in but right now I am feeling a little depressed, so thought I'd come and post in this section. The past few weeks have been really hard for me and I'm not going to go into detail why because my college fully know what is going on and I am getting lots of support from them, but come the weekend I have two days were I have no support because of course college isn't open, so in away this is hopefully if I can make some new friends going to become my support spot if that is okay?!

I am being so tearful and crying so much, and yes this is to do with my autism but I do have good/bad days, I have changed so much as I got older and have learnt to deal with my own behaviour much better such as not getting so angry or upset but because of issues of the last few weeks it has really set me back to the point of being like I was 2-3 years ago and it hurts so much because I was doing so well, I am trying to look on the positive side and see that I can get through this but I just feel so alone, I have support from my parents, and college but I don't have friends who I can really open up to and would love to make friends on here if anyone would like that...

Sometimes I find it really hard to communicate its to do with my autism, I have seen lots of doctors and counsellors (have a mentor at my college that I see and that does help) but the ones I have seen in the past I just don't get on with, I love having the routine and secure feeling of being able to run to someone in college if I feel I need to but like I said, these two days are pretty hard so I'd love to speak to someone as well at the weekend.

Hopefully I will stop crying soon and begin to feel better when I make new friends, and that I know I can talk to them about anything. Just feel lonely and all my friends seem to be busy and when I talk to them it just causes issues because I spend a lot of time with them being at college etc and with the work load its so stressful so its sometimes easier to talk to someone outside the goldfish bowl.

I'm sorry if this doesn't make sense but I find it so hard to talk/type sometimes when I feel like this and not everything comes across so it can be hard to be supported but basically I'd just love some new friends to help me smile again...

x

Gemma|19|Living with ASD|Student|
Feel free to PM me at any point )
"Remember happiness is away of travel, not a destination... The journey not the arrival matters"
x

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Skatergirl Offline
Skater for life
Average Joe

Re: A bit nervous - October 13th 2012, 06:08 PM

I'll be your friend. I would love to talk to you, and get to know you better.
Cheer up. Don't cry. There are many who love you, and care about you.

I try my best to help, but that doesn't always mean I will be helpful.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Watchtower Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Chloe

Re: A bit nervous - October 14th 2012, 08:42 PM

Hi there, Gemma. That is a very pretty name, by the way. My name is Chloe and I would love to be your friend. We all need that kind of support sometimes and it's very good that you're reaching out. To me, you're making perfect sense, because I know the feeling. I have a disability as well and sometimes, it does get stressful. If you ever want to talk, my inbox is always open, feel free to PM me.

I hope to hear from you soon.

~ Chloe
Feel free to PM me anytime.

My Blog: http://csullivanwatchtower.blogspot.com/
  Send a message via Yahoo to Watchtower  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jay
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Re: A bit nervous - October 15th 2012, 09:52 AM

Hey, I'm jay, welcome to the site. Feel free to message me any time, I always reply

Jay.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Spikey Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Molly

Re: A bit nervous - October 15th 2012, 10:05 AM

Hey, Gemma. I'm Molly! I have Asperges, so I kind of know where you're coming from.

I'll be your friend! PM me if you want/need anything!! I'm happy to help! I hope you feel happier soon! Hang in there, it does get better.

And she turns up the music, to drown out her life.

22/12/2014 was the last date I self-harmed. The longest I have gone so far is 1 year, 2 months and 5 days. This time, I hope I can give up! New record: 1 year 6 months! Yay!!
Previously:
Kibska

Closed Thread