TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Jocasta Offline
Priestess of Cegolaich
Not a n00b

Name: Allie

Question Is it ok? - October 14th 2012, 07:09 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

This is not an emergency. But I am always thinking about suicide. I dont feel like I want to but I'm always having these thoughts and coming up with ways to do it, all the time and its unnerving. Is this ok or should i be looking into it more as a problem?

How can man die better? Than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his father, in the temple of his gods.

"I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad, the dreams in which I'm dying are the best I ever had."

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Skatergirl Offline
Skater for life
Average Joe

Re: Is it ok? - October 14th 2012, 07:37 PM

It is never good to be having those kind of thoughts. Thoughts turn into actions, so yes, it is a problem. Try to distract yourself when these thoughts start popping up. Turn to something that makes you happy.

I try my best to help, but that doesn't always mean I will be helpful.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Watchtower Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Chloe

Re: Is it ok? - October 14th 2012, 08:18 PM

It is never good to think about suicide. Those thoughts can lead you down to a very dangerous road. I've been down that road, and I still think about suicide. I would say, first and foremost, that if you feel you need to talk to a counselor, then you should talk to a counselor. If you ever start thinking about it again, try to distract yourself with things that make you happy. When I start having those feelings, sometimes I talk to a friend, sometimes I make a list of things I'm looking forward to, sometimes I start writing, whether it'd be in a journal or writing a story or a poem or a song. Maybe you could try those suggestions. Do something that will help make you relax.

If you ever need a friend, I'm willing to be that friend. Feel free to PM me anytime.

~ Chloe
Feel free to PM me anytime.

My Blog: http://csullivanwatchtower.blogspot.com/
  Send a message via Yahoo to Watchtower  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Melancholia. Offline
Devil Dez

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: Is it ok? - October 14th 2012, 11:51 PM

I think that it would be worth it to talk to someone such as a counselor about these thoughts. You're right that it definitely can be unnerving when these thoughts pop into our minds, and you definitely don't want to go down that road. A counselor is a good, unbiased listener and they can help you cope with anything that is going on. It can really help to have a support system on your side so they can prevent the thoughts from getting worse and solve any problems, no matter how big or "small" they may be. It can help to have that support with you.

I think that it can also help to focus your mind on other things, such as listening to happy music. You can journal these thoughts and the events leading up to them so you can try to notice patterns. You can even use self expression like art or poetry to get out pent up thoughts, or exercise to release stress. You can call up a friend or use Chat as a distraction, or even relax.

Hang in there!

Let it come and let it be...

Send a message via Yahoo to Melancholia.  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jay
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Re: Is it ok? - October 15th 2012, 09:02 AM

Hey there, having suicidal thoughts is never okay, even if ou believe it's just thoughts.
I've been there where I thought I would just think, now I'm on the verge of completing it. When I get those thoughts now I do a random dance to try and make me laugh or make it excercise, so I've been doing Gangnam Style tonight, good excersise and helps a lot.

Try and distract yourself.

Jay.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.

Closed Thread