TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
jstone Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Didn't happen. Why?? - October 17th 2012, 08:43 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

So I planned on ending my life last night. That is until people decided to show up at my house out of the blue to see me. Needless to say this put a damper on it and just worsened my mood since I didn't want to be around anybody. I fell asleep and got up for work today like normal, hoping that tonight there are no interruptions. The funny thing about it is I still went about my normal work day routine of preparing my work for tomorrow, when in fact I honestly don't plan on being back here again. Idk why I did it or how. Oh well I guess it's just less somebody else will have to do.

Here's to you, fill the glass. Cuz the last few nights have kicked my ass.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Chuuya Offline
I hate milk.
I can't get enough

Name: Lauren

Re: Didn't happen. Why?? - October 18th 2012, 08:44 PM

Hey there,

I'm sorry that you're feeling this way, but I'm glad that you didn't go through with it, even if you aren't. Do you know why you feel the need to? I know there can be many things that trigger it and add on to it, and I think that you need to figure out what those things are, and come to realize that these things aren't permanent. They can change, your life can change. You're still really young, and have a lot of years left in your life. You can change how things are going right now. Did something happen in your life to make you feel like this? I really recommend trying to write all of it down, that way it's organized and I know with a lot of people, just getting everything out of your system and your head helps a lot.

I know you've probably heard this, but have you told anyone? Like your parents, or considered looking into talking to a therapist or a doctor about the feelings you've been having? You might not want to, but you can't do this alone, and it makes it a lot easier when you have support from a professional and people who love you and want the best for you as well.

Here's a list of some hotlines that you can call as well. If you're feeling down, or want to know some other options, I think these will really help you out. They're listed by country: http://www.teenhelp.org/hotlines

Also, we are here for you too. If you need to talk, write into HelpLink, use LiveHelp, The forums, the chat, and you are welcome to send me a message anytime you need to. I'm always happy to help, and I really hope that I helped a bit with this, and I hope everything gets better for you, please remember not to give up, you can get through this!

"You'll have to decide for yourself. Walk on your own. Move forward. You've got a strong pair of legs, Rose. You should get up and use them."

Closed Thread