TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
survivor. :)
I've been here a while

Name: Anna

Thoughts. (potentially triggering?) - October 21st 2012, 11:55 PM

Sorry, feel like I've posted in here a lot I guess.

I've been having thoughts of overdosing again. I don't want to do it but I'm scared I will. Everything I need is in the house and I'm scared I'll just cave.

But the thing is, i'm on medication, i'm on the waiting list for a counsellor, I have supportive friends, I keep busy and I distract myself when I need to. I don't know what else I can honestly do to change it. It feels pointless.

Anyone have any thoughts? Sorry.

You have to have the negative things in life
to be able to appreciate the positives.
TG 05/04/2013

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: Thoughts. (potentially triggering?) - October 22nd 2012, 12:04 AM

Anna.

You don't need to apologise for posting here too often. We want to help you

You can do everything you can in the world but it's going to take time. It's not going to change over night or even in weeks. Time is a healer my friend and you're doing the right things but like I said, it's not going to happen over night. I'm glad you are on medication. How long have you been on it now? Its important to remember it could take 4-12 weeks for it to work properly so it may be that you need to give it more time. Or it might be that the dosage needs to be higher or that it simply isn't the right medication for you. You can talk to your GP about all of this though. And it's good you're on the waiting list for counselling. Hopefully it won't take long. But the process of recovery when you get into counselling is again, going to take time. You're going to have to build a relationship with the counsellor and work through these things that are causing you upset. Its going to take time. And as long as you keep distracting yourself in the meantime and take up the time of your supportive friends, you can get through this.

If you haven't long been on the medication you're on, it might be that one of the side affects are suicidal thoughts which could be a reason why you're having thoughts of overdosing again. Something to think about? It might be a possibility. But remember, you're in control. The only person who can stop you from hurting yourself, is yourself. You're responsible for you and I know beating the thoughts are hard but YOU CAN do it. And I believe in you. I know you're more than capable of doing so. I know you've done it ten times before and I know you can do it again. So keep up the hard work okay? And keep fighting. You have so much to live for and you are such a strong girl. You've come through so much and I honestly believe in you more than anything. I know you've got it in you to beat this. You're not alone, promise.

love you,
Jessie. <3

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#3 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Re: Thoughts. (potentially triggering?) - October 22nd 2012, 12:12 AM

I've not been on it long enough for it to start working really and I know that, it's just so infuriating because there's nothing I can do. The GP thinks it will be about February that I get to see the counsellor.

What if things aren't going to change?

I love you Jessie, thank you. <3

TG 05/04/2013

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: Thoughts. (potentially triggering?) - October 22nd 2012, 12:20 AM

So if it hasn't been long enough for it to start working then there are two positives in that. 1) That could well be causing the suicidal thoughts and 2) There is time for it to work in order to help you feel better. Hope is alive.

February isn't too far (that sounds scary ) I hope it's not later and hopefully it might be sooner! Have you looked into any local organisations that provide free counselling like Mind? Oh and I have something else that might help you but I'll shoot you a text in a minute about that.

We make it change Anna. If you always do what you always did, you always get what you always got. If you change things, you know, what you're doing such as taking medication, using support from friends and going to counselling and engaging in that support, then there's no reason to why it shouldn't change. In time, with all that in place, things should get better. They did before, didn't they? They can again. And if they don't, we try different things. Notice that? WE. I, will help you to come up with new and different ideas to what can help you and we'll get there, through this, together. Okay? It can and it will change.

Love you lot's <3

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#5 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Re: Thoughts. (potentially triggering?) - October 22nd 2012, 12:27 AM

Yeah that's true. Noo February is far. I'm 20 then and I don't want to be. So it is far away. Got your text, thanks, I will. I'll have a look into local ones too but I don't know what there is really, I've had a look before.

Thank you darling, that means so much to me. Love you more. Thank you. <3

TG 05/04/2013

Closed Thread