TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
mickeymouse0167 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kaitlyn Howell

Unhappy dont know what i feel anymore - October 25th 2012, 06:07 AM

I'm kaitlyn, 14 years old. I have friends whom I can have a good time with most of the time.but I still have thoughts of suicide and depression. Is it wrong? I have friends whom say they care but I can't trust them. In truth, I can't trust anyone anymore.I always end up thinking that I'm alone with nobody who cares for me and would leave ne if they had the chance. My friend killed himself due to bulling a year ago yesterday. I was so close to ending my life that day. Am I a spoiled brat? I have "friends" but I still don't feel right. I feel like I lost all of my emotion 90% of the time. I can never concentrate anymore and feel like the world's against me. I try to tell someone this and they laugh and tell me its just a phase. Does a phase last over a year? Maybe, I don't know. I don't really know anything anymore. Help?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
FallingForGrace Offline
Person You Can Count On
Average Joe

Name: Kandi

Re: dont know what i feel anymore - October 25th 2012, 12:45 PM

Maybe it's not a phase. Depression is a chemical imbalance. I suggest going to a psychiatrist. They will know if you need medication. And even if it doesn't work at first, don't give up because there are many medications and they just need to find the right one. But along with medication, you also need counseling. Meds alone wont do the trick.

No matter what, I am here for you.
  Send a message via Yahoo to FallingForGrace Send a message via Skype™ to FallingForGrace 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: dont know what i feel anymore - October 30th 2012, 12:41 AM

I'm sorry that things have been rough for you. I am glad that you have a group of good friends even if you can't talk to them, it'll be good to keep meeting up with them and going out or having dvds days so that you can have some fun and enjoy yourself a little.

Suicidal thoughts can become very hard to deal with. Here is a link to a list of helplines. If the thoughts get really bad and you feel unsafe, I urge you to ring one of the helplines. I know that talking can be hard and scary but these people will understand that this is a big step with you and they'll go at your pace to make you comfortable. They want to help you, okay?

The above user is right. Depression can be triggered by a chemical imbalance in the brain. For example, a person may have low levels of serotonin in their brain and this can cause a person to feel depressed and low and this is often when a person is prescribed an anti-depresent to help increase the level of serotonin in their brain to make them feel better. However, depression can also be triggered when a person goes through a traumatic event. I don't know what has happened through your life but this is something to think about too. You clearly went through a lot last year when you lost someone close to you through suicide just over a year ago and I know that can be hard to cope with.

If you feel you need more help and support, could you try talking to a family member such as a parent? Or if you're in education you could always try talking to a teacher or a school nurse/counsellor and you can also talk to your doctor. Just having support and someone there to talk to can be really helpful. I know it might be hard too but you've got nothing to lose from it, but something to gain. Everything is worth a try!

Keep on smiling, you can do this. You're not alone - feel free to talk to us if you ever need to, we're more than happy to try and help.

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#4 (permalink)) Old
mickeymouse0167 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: dont know what i feel anymore - November 4th 2012, 06:20 AM

Thanks(: this helped me a lot!

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jay
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Re: dont know what i feel anymore - November 4th 2012, 06:43 AM

Hey there, I'm sorry to see you suffering. No, you ae not a spoiled brat for having these thoughts. Depression can strike anybody, whether they have the best life or the worst or land somewhere in the middle. Friends or no friends. I have friends but 18 days ago I attempted, I had always thought I was one of those people never missed, always blending into the background. People noticed, people cared for me.

but, yes, I would suggest going to a therapist, pschyiatrist or physcologist to see if there is a reason for these thoughts, and if you ever want to talk, shoot me a message.

Stay strong,
Jay.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
mickeymouse0167 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: dont know what i feel anymore - November 13th 2012, 03:19 AM

thanks! im considering to to see a proffesional but im not sure how to tell my parents....

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jay
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Re: dont know what i feel anymore - November 13th 2012, 03:25 AM

Hey, just be honest with them, be straight-forward, just say hey, I would like to speak to somebody. OR, go to the school guidance councillor, they DO help and they DO know what they are talking about.

Jay.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.

Last edited by Validity; November 13th 2012 at 03:25 AM. Reason: Stupid spelling mistake :/

Closed Thread