TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
imissmyself Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

what is it that burns in my heart? - October 31st 2012, 03:56 PM

hey thr!
i dunno hw many of u hav gone through this but i am feeling like there is some sort of burning in my chest. u know the emotional burning type.

kk so i will give u and overview of myself. i was a very popular gal in my old school and i loved tht place. now i hav shifted and i am a bit low abt tht. i am very studious so my parents shifted only because of givin me better education. now my dad is in some other country while we all are here. i hate to see them sufferin because of me. so i try to just block them out. but my mom sometimes says i am selfish and stuff and i guess i am. but i don't really know wht is happening. i do care for them but then each time somethig happenes to them because of me, it hurts so much near my heart. like i can't breath. like i am shaterring in a million peices. then i feel like i wanna die but they hav done so much for me tht is nt an option i hv.

i feel terrible and i cannot describe it. now it feels regular to hav the burning in my chest. but when some one says something or something of tht sort it intensifies and then i feel like i am goin to burst any second.

i don't show my emotions much and i pretend a lot tht i am happy. wht is the use of others feeling unhappy because of me? but now it is like i hv not really laughed for 6 months.

i did a depression test online and the result was tht i am in major depperession. dunno wht to do! just wanted to tell someone else. do any of u also suffer wid the burning in heart kinda feeling?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
purplemask Offline
Average Joe

Name: Regina

Re: what is it that burns in my heart? - November 1st 2012, 01:43 AM

Sounds like it might be anxiety. Have you looked into anxiety disorders? Maybe you could meet with a counselor at school and talk about it. I took medicine for anxiety and depression for a year, coupled with therapy, and it worked wonders.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
imissmyself Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Red face Re: what is it that burns in my heart? - November 3rd 2012, 03:32 PM

thank you so much for your reply. i will see if it is anxiety.
but the thing is tht this has not always been this way. now i even fear speaking in public,, which is extemely unnatural for me. when ever i get up in the morning my heart starts feeling like it might pop just out. it is terrible. and i do wanna get out of it.
do u think it might affect my physical health too?

Closed Thread