TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
entangledmind Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Sarah
Location: the dark abiss of my mind. the only place left untouched by unwanted company

I'm suicidal, should I call a hotline or 911? - November 9th 2012, 06:29 AM

I constantly consider suicide and lately it's been becoming close to a reality and though I do really want to kill myself I think I want help also...
But I don't have friends anymore to go to who don't shrug or blow me off and I can't go to my parents. I don't like their advice nor do I agree with a lot of it.
When I get suicidal should I sneak the phone in my bedroom and call a hotline? I normally sign onto teenhelp but that's barely helping anymore. I just don't know if my thoughts of suicide should be taken that seriously. And if so I don't know what to do when it happens.

I tell people i'm
tired. But in reality

i'm just sad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-4wU...C66B1A12A9745D

Never regret anything, because at one time it was exactly what you wanted

(#2 (permalink)) Old
ohbellaaa Offline
been here a good while :)
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: bella.

Re: I'm suicidal, should I call a hotline or 911? - November 9th 2012, 06:43 AM

you can talk to me. ive been there trust me. i dont have family and only a few close friends but im all ears if you need someone
  Send a message via Skype™ to ohbellaaa 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Elevate Offline
ELEVATE
I've been here a while

Name: Hannah

Re: I'm suicidal, should I call a hotline or 911? - November 9th 2012, 08:16 AM

Honey, you're not alone in this

Any thoughts of suicide, no matter how big or small, deserve to be taken seriously. YOU deserve for them to be taken seriously! Sometimes reaching out for help is scary. Heck, a lot of the time it's scary. But you deserve the help that people have to offer.

Honestly, if the feelings are getting too much, I think you should call a hotline, or 911 if you so desire. You don't deserve to be fighting it alone, and those places can put you in touch with help for these feelings.

PM/VM me anytime You're worth it!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jay
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Re: I'm suicidal, should I call a hotline or 911? - November 9th 2012, 10:36 AM

Hey there gorgeous, even if you don't believe your thoughts will turn into actions, many probably think that. If you feel insanely bad, shoot me a vm or pm, I've been there and I wish I had reached out. I never knew that those thoughts could actually take over me completely and push me over the edge but they did.

Suicidal urges are serious and can be fatal given the right push. Call a hotline, or ask if you can sleep in the same room as a family member or leave the house and take a "me" day, where you focus just on you, it makes a good weekend great.

Seriously, if you need help, contact me, I'm at the ready to help others.

Jay.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Mercicle. Offline
Angels fall first. <3

Jeez, get a life!

Re: I'm suicidal, should I call a hotline or 911? - November 9th 2012, 10:47 AM

Hey Sarah.

As Hannah said, any thoughts or intentions of suicide should be taken seriously. Ending your life is not a trivial matter, so if you're thinking of it you should definitely talk to someone about it. I think it's great you want to get help; I know how it feels to be torn between wanting to end your life and wanting to make your life better, but as long as you keep moving forward you'll be making the right choice.

I would recommend calling a hotline; they can be a lot of help, in certain situations. If you're in immediate danger, though, and have plans to end your life soon, then perhaps calling 911 would be best.

Take care, and good luck.

paper is dead without words,
ink idle without a poem,
all the world dead without stories,
without love and disarming beauty.

3.6.14 | 19.8.14

Closed Thread