TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Flower123 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy Am I depressed??? - November 10th 2012, 10:02 PM

So I guess everything started when I fell in love with a guy I met on my vacations, he was the perfect gut or still is! Well he lives in Canada and I live in germany so we both knew that we are just having a good week together and than stay friends... but after a while I actually started to realize that I feel in love with him. I pretty muched ignored that and slept around with other guys. When I came back to germany I had to start a new school and an year long internship, everything was new but it was fun I like my new school and my work I was always busy and had no time to think. But than work got pretty exhausting and school just boring, I started to cut off my friends, I don't really talk to any of them, I don't want to hang out with them or even go downtown or do something what I used to enjoy. I am just sleeping or sitting around and watching stupid movies, but most of the time I feel like screeming and crying at the same time. I am just so sad and I think about that guy a lot latley and talk to him, but even that annoys me! I really feel like just beeing alone on my own, I don't want to talk and most of the time I don't even want to get up!
I don't know what to do to change that and I have the feeling that I am going to lose a lot of my friends if I am going on like this, but I just don't feel like talking, maybe I am depressed, maybe I am not, I don't know the only thing I know is that I don't know what to do other than laying in my bed.
I hope some of you have an advice what I could do about it, I would really appraciate it!!!!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Evanescent Offline
Love Is The Movement
I've been here a while

Name: Nicole (Nikki)

Re: Am I depressed??? - November 11th 2012, 01:10 AM

To me it sounds like you are in a state of depression, however I am not a mental health professional, so I cannot diagnos you the, only mental health professionals can tell you that.

"Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll land among the stars."

"For those who don't care, for those who can't see, never give up, always thrive to be free."

Smile, you are beautiful www.operationbeautiful.com

Blessed Be!
Nicole AKA Nikki
Artist, Poet, and Future Social Worker

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Honey Muffin Offline
Average Joe

Name: Kamrin

Re: Am I depressed??? - November 11th 2012, 08:54 AM

Hey Flower, it sounds to me like you're becoming depressed, but as Evanescent said we're not professionals so there's no way to be certain unless you go to someone to diagnose you. As for the situation you're in, I would say try to occupy yourself as much as you can. I know it's hard, but try to get up & go out. Just try. I'm sure your friends miss you & I know you don't feel like talking, but maybe try talking to one of your friends about your situation. Talking is a lot better than holding it all in. Eventually the emotions just build up & you fall apart (I know this from experience). Find someone close to talk to. Get it off your chest & let out a good cry. As for the guy, if you aren't going to ever see him again, I would say the best thing to do is just stop talking to him. This will be the only way to move on from him.

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile.

Closed Thread