TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
monkey01 Offline
trying to be strong
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Chantelle

Exclamation HELP - November 13th 2012, 05:43 PM

I dont know what to do. I am going through so much right now. I did leave this website but I came back cause I am struggling so much. Things have gotten so much worse since I left. I have cut more then ever I have OD multiple times cause I dont know what else to do. I feel like I have no reason to live anymore. that there is no point. I need help but I am scared to ask for it in real life. Someone please tell me what to do. This is my last resort. If I dont get help soon I know I will end up commiting suicide. HELP

There is always someone who cares about you. It may not seem like it but there is. I can promise you that much.

Last edited by Palmolive; November 16th 2012 at 12:20 PM. Reason: Removing prefix
  Send a message via MSN to monkey01  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Le Papillon Offline
a secret you can keep
I can't get enough

Name: Samuel

Re: HELP - November 13th 2012, 05:49 PM

Im so sorry things are so tough for you right now Chantelle. And I cant really tell you what to do, since it's all up to you. But your best bet would probably be to reach out for that real help that you're afraid of. And trust me, I know why you would be afraid to get it. It's not an easy thing to do. Maybe talk to a school councler, or a teacher you trust? Some adult you trust, or even a friend. I know it's hard, but try to stay strong.
You can message me anytime dear

formerly snowstorm, GoneBeyondRepair, and Breathless in Love
Repose en Paix, Grandad/mom H., Sito, Nay, Mary, Aunt S., Peter, Katie, Lexi, Mrs. Radoye, Mandii, Trevor, Megan, Uncle T., Erika, Aunt R., Braxton, Connie, Adam, Grandpa, Buttons ♥
The world will bleed its bloody tale. People will throw their stones. But the one thing you must always remember is:
You no longer walk alone.
-Blake Bliss

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Philomath Offline
Love is > your mistakes
I can't get enough

Re: HELP - November 13th 2012, 08:46 PM

Hi Chantelle,

You have to do what you do not want to do.
You have to go against what you are thinking (that you want to kill yourself) by reaching out to people in your life.
It will not be easy and you want to know something, it is scary and you have a right to have those feelings however you living and learning that what you are going through now will end and you will be happier in the future is key.
You are important to many people and you probably do not think that with how suicidal you are however if you killed yourself many people would be hurt by you doing this. Suicide does not and will never solve your problems. It is a permanent solution to temporary problems. This means what you are going through will end if you get support and you can learn how to cope with things going on in your life.
We cannot call any hotlines for you or any emergency services. We will listen and give you advice and you have the choice to either take it or not and that is far as we can help you.
You really should talk to an adult in your life to get yourself in proper treatment and so you can have someone to talk things through with.
I really hope this is helpful and I am here if you ever need anything.
Take care and stay strong.

"i don't care your intentions. I just want you to know my self-hatred never took me where I wanted to go. At the end of the day...I can pick at the pain but I can't cut it away."

Last edited by Philomath; November 13th 2012 at 11:26 PM.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
WishingOnStarz Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Maggie

Re: HELP - November 16th 2012, 12:32 AM

Hello.
First off I'd like to say DON'T COMMIT SUCIDE
Now that I've said that, I can get on with my advice.
I want you to know I'm here, if you would like to talk. Just PM me.
I also advise you to talk to someone close to you a friend, family member, counsler, trusted adult. Someone you know won't be judging. If you are afraid to do that, there are several hotlines for people who are "close to the edge.''
Sucide IS NOT the answer. I'm sure at least one person (probably more) will miss you.
Like I said feel free to send me a message.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: HELP - November 16th 2012, 12:25 PM

Chantelle,

Saying "If I don't get help soon I know I will end up committing suicide" is not going to help. That's you setting yourself up for failure. Besides, YOU have to be the one to get the help. That's down to you. And even if you were to get the help, people can only do so much. Sure they can support you but they can't change things for you. The only person who can change what is happening for you is you. And that can be really hard but if you want to feel better, you have to choose happiness and you have to choose recovery. You have to question your thoughts and change your thoughts. Honestly, the person who can help you the most, is you. And I don't think you saying the things you do, helps. You're so negative all the time and you know, you can't live a positive life with a negative mind. If you an things to change the you need to change them but until you do things aren't going to get any better for you.

I know you have the support of your guidance counsellor so keep talking to her for now but maybe you need to think about stopping the support you get from her and going into a mental health service where you can see a psychiatrist nurse weekly instead. I think the therapy that a nurse could provide for you such as CBT might help you a lot. It's not just talking about how you feel and things that have upset you and so it, it's about really challenging the thoughts you have around certain things and its about you learning to take control and change those thoughts. Maybe it's something to think about.

You can do this,
Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#6 (permalink)) Old
monkey01 Offline
trying to be strong
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: HELP - November 16th 2012, 04:32 PM

I do want help its just that im scared to ask for help.

There is always someone who cares about you. It may not seem like it but there is. I can promise you that much.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Re: HELP - November 16th 2012, 05:43 PM

I guess this is the point where you have to make the choice about carrying on this way or getting help to feel better. And only you can make that choice, but until you do decide to go for recovery, it's just going to carry on.

And I know reaching out for help is hard and scary, but what is honestly, the worst thing that could happen? Nothing. Nothing bad can happen. So you might anxious and scared but the only thing that can come out of it is something good - getting better. You can even try writing. I know that I constantly write to people in my support network because I can never bring myself to talk phsyically.

You can do this.

Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
monkey01 Offline
trying to be strong
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: HELP - November 17th 2012, 04:59 PM

i need help i want to get better i want to b happy again

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Re: HELP - November 17th 2012, 10:25 PM

The choose it Chantelle. You can get better, you can be happy and you can get help but until you start making changes and reaching out for that help, none of it's going to happen. You have to take some control. I don't want to sound harsh or anything, but you have to be the change you want to see. And until that day, things are just going to carry on. And I would hate that, because I know you're more than capable of changing things and taking that responsibility and you do deserve to be happy. But you have to fight for it, no one else can do it for you.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
monkey01 Offline
trying to be strong
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: HELP - November 17th 2012, 10:27 PM

i meet with my GC tuesday should i tell her everything

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jay
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Re: HELP - November 18th 2012, 12:48 AM

Hey there, I think you should talk sincerely about everything, tell her how you feel, what has been happening, just be hoenst with her/him! The first step to get help is reaching out and telling everything to somebody whom can help!

Good luck,

Jay.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.

(#12 (permalink)) Old
~Divergent~ Offline
Struggling again.
I've been here a while

Name: Hailey

Re: HELP - November 18th 2012, 01:00 AM

Hi there,

I totally get how you feel, but suicide is NOT the answer. Think of all the people who will miss you! There are thousands of people just on TH who will miss you!

Please tell your GC what's going on. I bet you a hundred bucks she'll help you out, and be glad to do so.

I really should get help, too. Let's do this together. You can message me anytime if you want to talk.

~Hailey

Member since 9/27/12
Buddy since 9/14/13

(#13 (permalink)) Old
Dream Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: HELP - November 18th 2012, 04:48 AM

I know it is scary or difficult to ask for help, but it is better to just take the plunge and remind yourself that as difficult as it is, it wont be bad later that you asked. What will be bad is if you don't get help.

(#14 (permalink)) Old
monkey01 Offline
trying to be strong
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: HELP - November 18th 2012, 12:55 PM

i still dont know what to do i dont want my parents to know

Closed Thread