TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
**Theresa** Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Sadness - November 22nd 2012, 01:10 AM

I dont know why but, i cant seem to talk to anyone what i am going through and i just feel like more and more i keep on getting more sad and i know that i am sad because i guess in a way i want to have time with my father but, i dont want to because i know he doesnt want to be in my life i guess i have come to accept that but, i dont know why now i want him to be apart of my life if he hasnt been apart of my life for the pass 8 years.

I guess i am just basically crying and i cant stop and for the passed week i have been crying my eyes out.

Last edited by Palmolive; November 23rd 2012 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Removing prefix

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Oldaccount. Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Sadness - November 22nd 2012, 01:54 PM

Hey Theresa,

I'm sorry things are hard for you right now. Talking about what you're going through can be really difficult to talk about but it's also important to let somebody know how you're feeling because you don't want to be bottling up these feelings as it may make you feel worse. Have you thought about writing a letter to your father about wanting to see him and how it has made you feel not being in contact with him? If you write a letter telling him how you feel you can at least say that you've tried your best to want to get to know your father again and if he wants to get in touch with you then that's a great thing. You may find it may help talking to a close family member or a friend who you can confide in and maybe go out shopping or do something together and talk about it? I'd also suggest keeping a diary and writing about everything you feel in a day and what events you have been up to and things. I find that writing things down can really be helpful and I find that it's just as effective as talking about it with somebody. Don't forget that you've always got TeenHelp's Services if you want to talk and seek advice and support too. There's the Chat Room, LiveHelp and HelpLINK and I think it's great that you've reached out to us through the Forums.

I hope I have been of some help and things start to get better for you soon.

Take care,
Lex

(#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount20

Edit avatar

Re: Sadness - November 22nd 2012, 02:14 PM

Hi, there, I'm sorry to hear things are not going so well for you. In life, things happen for a reason. Sort out your thoughts and emotions, maybe keep a journal. Or do a scrapbook, if you have pictures of yourself with him from when you were younger.

You could also write a letter to him, as long or as short as you want it. Let him know how you're feeling and express your thoughts. The ball will be in his court after you write the letter. But now, it's up to you to make the change.

Good luck! I'm here if you ever want to talk.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Lukas1996 Offline
A future United States Marine
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Sadness - November 23rd 2012, 09:45 AM

Hello, first off I'd like to say is stay strong, I have been through the same thing as you and I understand the pain you're going though. Remember to stay strong, try to find things you like to do. Things will get better trust me, they will! I promise!

If you need anything at all I am here for you.

-Matthew

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: Sadness - November 23rd 2012, 11:25 AM

Hi there

I'm sorry things are a little rough for you right now. It sounds like you're feeling pretty down. I can't begin to imagine how you must be feeling right now but I can understand why you're feeling the way you are feeling. I liked the idea that Lex suggested about writing a letter to your father. Do you think that might be something you feel able to do? Or you can always write a letter about how you feel towards him and then burn it or rip it up. You might not find it helpful but I know people have in the past and it might be worth the try. Talking to people about how we're feeling can really help. I know that talking to someone about what's going on can be a really hard and scary thing to do but you can do it. You can even write it down for someone if that makes it easier for you. You're not alone this, okay? People can help you and support you through it but they can only do so if they know what is going on for you.

I hope things start to look up for you soon. Take good care,
Jessie.

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

Closed Thread