TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: Lea

Exclamation I'm Really Really Not Okay.. - November 25th 2012, 04:15 AM

Someone please help me, everything's falling apart and I really want to hurt myself and no one answered their phones, and I can't call a hotline... I didn't know where else to go...

-I'll Paint You A Picture, One With A Twist, I'll Paint It In Red, With The Canvas On My Wrist-

Last edited by Palmolive; November 25th 2012 at 02:09 PM. Reason: Removing prefix

(#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: I'm Really Really Not Okay.. - November 25th 2012, 07:23 AM

Hi Lea! I'm so sorry. Umm... I'm here if you wanna talk to me. I can listen. It'll be okay, don't hurt yourself honey, you don't deserve the scars and pain. What's the matter? *Scoots over closer and puts my arm around you*.

~ Christabel

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: Lea

Re: I'm Really Really Not Okay.. - November 25th 2012, 07:58 AM

Thanks... I don't even know where to begin... I'm so exhausted by everything... and visiting family brought me down as usual because they literally act like I don't exist.... They actively ignore me being there, and make a point to me of not caring if I'm there.... That I've learned to deal with but while I was up there none of my friends would answer me either and it just really made things worse.... plus I tried eating more while I was up there due to the holiday but instead my family made fun of me telling me they could see me "getting fat".... Thanks to the ED it just was the cherry on top of my overall bad visit....

-I'll Paint You A Picture, One With A Twist, I'll Paint It In Red, With The Canvas On My Wrist-

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: I'm Really Really Not Okay.. - November 25th 2012, 02:18 PM

Hi there.

I'm sorry to hear that things are a little rough for you right now. It's really great that you've come to us and posted this thread for some help though!

It sounds like your relationship with your family is rough. Do you get on any better with your parents then the rest of your family? Have you ever spoken to them about how you feel about your relationships? If not, maybe talking to your parents about it would be a good idea. Sure, it might be hard and it might be a little awkward at points, but if you explain to them how you feel things are between yourself and your family and how it's making you feel, they might be able to hep you. It might be that your family don't really know what they're doing or that they don't know how badly it gets to you. You don't have to talk to them but it might be something worth thinking about.

Can I ask why you can't call a helpline? I'm still going to give you this list of helpline numbers. I know that it might be hard to bring yourself to contact one and to talk to them, but they are there to help you. They understand that ringing is a big thing to do and they understand that you might find it hard to talk to them.

Also here is a list to our alternatives to self harm. I think it might be a really good idea for you to go through this list and to try the things that on here. Of course not every single thing is going to help you and right now it's going to be about trial and error but if you work hard enough then you will find something that helps you. And its important that you don't stop trying new things when you come across ones that don't help you.

If there is something bothering you or something that is upsetting you and making you feel low, know that you are more than welcome to talk to us about it okay? We're here for you because we care about you and we want you to get through this. So keep fighting.

You're not alone.

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

Closed Thread