TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
byuhgirl Offline
Esther
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Esther

losing hope - December 4th 2012, 04:15 AM

So, I have a really great friend who I absolutely love! He is just one of the nicest people in the world and he has been going through some tough stuff. His issues are very similar to mine-past abuse, self harm, eating disorder. We haven't talked in some time, but the other night I texted him because I was freaking out! I just felt super suicidal and I didn't want to live any more. I literally had the bottle of pills in my hand and some booze, i was about to do it. Whenever he tells me things like that I always tell him that eventually life will get better, but I don't even think that now. I have been dealing with this shit for years and guess what! Still not any better, it's actually worse in some ways. How can I keep telling him that staying alive is the best option, when I honestly don't believe it. Usually we help each other, but just lately I have been super down :/ HELP PLEASE!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
JustACityBoy Offline
Telemachus
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Carl

Re: losing hope - December 4th 2012, 04:55 AM

Before a message to him.

Try new hobbies together, if there's anything keeping me alive right now it's writing.
Game even, Game on together.
It's marvelous that he has a friend in the same position as him, basically go on a journey to turn that fighting chance into a substance.

Changes has to happen for anything to improve. I'm quite a hypocrite telling you to try new things, but I believe it's easier for a 20 year old.

I have a inspiring message that even inspires myself at times.
Before I die, I'm going to die standing.
I'm going to do ten heel kicks, learn how to cart wheel, beat 1500 elo chess engine, talk to a stranger girl, try to get laid, spend all my money, eat meat (I'm a vegetarian), and do all this colorful stuff all within a week.

And only then, UNLESS you do something of the sort, then you should be given a decision. (of course, the dreaded.) It's really circumstantial and....... honestly it feels good that it's out there. But again, they'd had better fight to their last breath before they did this.

I'm using teenhelp to aid myself in this journey.
It's long. Very long. But one thing's certain, there's an ending.

What lies ahead is unknown. However, in some times, I've sighted several smooth pavements. I myself am the mender of roads, and it is with these we work on.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
vasioannou Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: JustMe

Re: losing hope - December 4th 2012, 05:54 PM

hey, some people say that if you're suicidal or if you harm yourself you should not rely on others, with the same issues, to help you deal with you're problems because you could actually end up talking about ways to harm yourself or suicide but i believe that this is SOOOOO wrong! who else can understand what you're going through if not a person with the same problem? think about that... if you talk to your friend about what you feel (knowing that you have the same issues) he could understand better his problem and he could fight it and then help you fight it as well (and opposite)!
i hope i've helped you somehow..

Closed Thread