TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
problematicgirl Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy Tired of everything - December 8th 2012, 11:18 AM

I don't know how to start..

Okay, so I'm stuck between two people I care about..

Both of them were my best friends and they ended up dating each other..
It was perfect, but one of them decided to cheat on the other with another girl...and it messed up the whole situation...

The problem was the guy was never ready to admit that he cheated on the other friend...which complicated the situation even more...in spite of all this, my best friend still maintained contact with him..but now it came to a point that they both don't talk at all..

The girl who he is with now, didn't know that he was cheating on my best friend..so she isn't at much of a fault or anything..

I stopped talking to the guy too, for a while anyways..but we started talking again..cause no matter how much of a horrible thing he did...I couldn't not talk to him..cause he meant a lot to me...

She was okay with that too..

But the problem came when interaction began between the guy's present girlfriend (who he cheated my best friend with)..
For his sake, I decided to put my ego aside..and get to know her and I realized she was a terrific girl...she really was nice and he was lucky to have her...they are together for a while noow..

But my best friend doesn't like it..and it depresses me because I don't want her to feel bad about this...I know it is hard for her and all that...

But now an occasion is going to come up, where I need to invite the both of them..and I don't know how my best friend is going to react..I'm scared that I'll upset her or piss her off...

and all this is really starting to effect me badly...

what am I supposed to do ?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
tumbler120 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kathryn

Re: Tired of everything - December 8th 2012, 11:52 PM

talk to your best friend about it, and ask her what her opinion is. it's best to know how she feels before you invite your other friend.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: Tired of everything - December 9th 2012, 07:23 AM

Wow, I haven't been in this exact situation but I know how stressful and depressing it can be when there's conflict between two best friends... I'm sorry.

I agree with Kathryn, and I do know that honesty is the best way to go... I'd talk to your friend, the girl. Just be honest and say something like...

"I know this might be hard for you but I need both of you to come to an event. Now I love you and I don't wanna hurt you with this, but remember I'll be right there for you if you start feeling bad or get uncomfortable". And hug her.
Hope this helped!

Hope it works out. Stay strong c: Oh and if you're feeling sad over this, feel free to PM/VM me if you need someone to talk to about it. I've been through a lot more friend problems then I'd like.

~ Christabel

Closed Thread