TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
jaii Offline
Not a n00b

Name: sophie

i need to go. - December 21st 2012, 07:57 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

im tired of living like this, im never accepted and nobody likes me. my family hates me and im a failure. i hate myself. i know that nobody would care if i killed myself and i really just want to do it now, ive spent the last month planning a way that i know cant fail and i think i nearly have everything in place, thanks for everything all of you xx

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Thereishope Offline
Skittles Minion & Fish Thrower
I can't get enough

Name: Michael

Re: i need to go. - December 21st 2012, 08:32 PM

Hey, I care about you! If you ever need anyone to talk too send me a message, I'm always willing to talk!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
jaii Offline
Not a n00b

Re: i need to go. - December 21st 2012, 08:33 PM

thank you im always scared that im just annoying everyone though

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Thereishope Offline
Skittles Minion & Fish Thrower
I can't get enough

Name: Michael

Re: i need to go. - December 21st 2012, 08:38 PM

You're not, and honestly if you ever need to talk, even if i'm not on just send me a pm and i'll get it

(#5 (permalink)) Old
jaii Offline
Not a n00b

Re: i need to go. - December 21st 2012, 08:55 PM

thank you, i really appreciate it

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jay
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Re: i need to go. - December 21st 2012, 09:24 PM

Hey there Sophie, I haven't seen you, but I care for everyone on this site! If you would like to talk, I'm here, I know how it feels to be at the end and just not see that there are people who care! Everyone does, you AREN'T annoying, that's how I viewed myself, sort of conversation paranoid so seriously, don't attempt because suicide isn't worth it!

Jay.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: i need to go. - December 21st 2012, 09:48 PM

I'd care! Sophie, hun, you aren't annoying. Suicide isn't the answer. Please don't do this. I know at least ONE person cares about you dearly in your life and would be devastated if you were to attempt suicide. Probably a lot more people than that because you're amazing.

This hard stuff in life we go through makes us stronger for the future. It's not meant to make us surrender. Life is a hard rough road but please go in the right path and it'll eventually become so much smoother, this is not the end. There's still so many things you have yet to experience and they are some amazing experiences you do not deserve to miss out on. Just see and wait because I think sometime you'll see just how much life has to offer. It's absolutely amazing.

You saying "I do" and walking down that aisle with the love of your life.
Holding your first child in your arms and the child grabs your finger and smiles at you. You have the chance to raise your own child into a beautiful person and see all the wonderful things.

That moment when you just find out how much people love you.
You are not worthless, you have the chance to make life. You have the chance to make someone else really happy and yourself as well. Please do not end it, it is simply not worth it, hun.

I know you must be feeling pretty bad if you're thinking about this but listen, you haven't attempted suicide yet so you're not a failure. You always have a chance to change things. With a different mindset.

Go for a walk when you're feeling bad, or a run
Find a different TV show you like and watch all the episodes
Watch movies you haven't seen before
Go biking
Listen to music
Play games

This may sound silly but when you get depressed, sleep it out. You'll be asleep through the sadness till it passes. Remember though, to feel better you must help yourself and be motivated on happiness.

I'd suggest finding a therapist/counselor or talking to a trusted friend or your parents. Maybe even a Teacher or principle.

Remember, there's always something wonderful awaiting you in life, some good, some bad, the trick is to see the good and be grateful and appreciative. Have faith, I know that you can do this.

I'd really like to get to know you and become friends, Sophie. You can VM/PM or E-Mail me at purplechristabel@yahoo.com for anything. You got a friend in me. I care.

Stay strong. <3

~ Christabel

(#8 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: i need to go. - December 21st 2012, 10:18 PM

Hey there,

First, you obviously need and want the help if you're posting this thread. I can understand not wanting to burden those around you, but the majority of people are on this site because enjoy helping people. All of the staff are on here because they love to help. Take advantage of that! You're more than welcome to PM any of us asking for help. If we can't help you at the time, we'll direct you to a place where you CAN get help. Speaking of, I'd like to point out some of our features to you that you might find useful later on in my post.

I want to address the fact that you think no one cares. First, that's not true. I don't post out long thoughtful posts just because I'm bored, or because I have to. Secondly, this community is full of supporters. It's what we're here for- to support. Advice giving is very optional. Why do you feel like your family hates you? I want you to think about something for me, okay? Think about every single person that you've ever come in contact with. Sales associates, waitresses, teachers, friends, family, the random guy you made eye contact with a month ago. All these people care! And just because they don't show it in a way you would need them to doesn't mean that they don't care. Look at Amanda Todd, she committed suicide but everyone, even people don't know her, were very sad over the situation. Your life matters. Every individual life matters.

But I need to be very honest with you- you're not going to realize how incredibly important you are until you can work through the issues that are blocking your line of visions. You have an inability to see why your life holds value, making it extremely difficult to believe that others care about you. I think you need to seek help from a professional, you will never get better unless you make that active effort to get help and to work through your problems. You need to identify why you feel so low, and work towards reversing those emotions. You don't have to go through this alone. No one does. Everyone deserves happiness, so why would you ever even be the exception to that? You're not. You deserve help and happiness as well as anyone else.

Next, I want you to set some goals for yourself. Find something to hold on to. Something to get you through the day. If you can set goals for yourself, and then accomplish them-then you'll feel good about that and slowly build up your self confidence. Find reasons to live, because there are reasons! Also, identify your purpose in this life because we all have one. Even you.

You're not alone. If you're in desparate need of help, please reach out to a hotline. If you generally need to chat Live Help, The forums, HelpLINK, and the chat room is available to you. I'm also open to PM's on the forums as well.

Take care, and be safe <3

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
jaii Offline
Not a n00b

Re: i need to go. - December 22nd 2012, 11:15 AM

ive tried professional help, ive tried taking about it and it made everything worse. my family are literally disgusted because i self harm they only talk to me if the really really have to.

Closed Thread