TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
mickeymouse0167 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kaitlyn Howell

Unhappy crying due to thoughts on suicide - December 24th 2012, 08:35 AM

Up until a couple days ago I could think of suicide and it'd be like nothing to me. But lately, when ever I think about it I start crying, why? For example, I thought of a scenario that I got ran over by a train and it just brought me to tears. It hasn't before though.....help?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: crying due to thoughts on suicide - December 24th 2012, 09:07 AM

Crying is a good way to release your emotions and relieve stress but it obviously means something is bothering you.

If you just had a thought like that, it could be intrusive thoughts which is sometimes associated with OCD.

Could be triggering or cause sad thoughts. The link is to educate you on this.
Click here

Of course I'm not a professional so I think it'd be wise to bring it up with your parents or a therapist/counselor/teacher or trusted friend.

I'm here if you need me. All my contact info is in my signature.

Stay strong. <3

~ Christabel

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: crying due to thoughts on suicide - December 24th 2012, 01:58 PM

I don't have an answer or anything for you, but I wanted to reply to you because I can relate this. Things got very hard for me over the past several weeks. I mean, I'd been having suicidal thoughts for months and months but about six weeks ago, I started crying when I had the moments of seriously thinking about it. I don't know why I started crying about these thoughts when I hadn't before and I did attempt and I remember crying all the way through my attempt. I think maybe even though we've had these thoughts for a while, we can go through phases of feeling very very low which can generally make us very emotional, you know?

I agree with what's been said, crying is a healthy way of releasing emotions. Sure, it's not something we want to do and crying because we're sad or low isn't pleasant but I know a lot of people who have said even though it was horrible while they were crying, it did actually help them. And I think when I cry, it generally makes me very tired and I always fall to sleep after and when I wake up, I always feel a little brighter.

I don't know what's going on for you right now or if anything has triggered you to feel this way, but I want you to know that we're for you, okay? You're not on your own in this and you never will be. Someone is always there and you deserve the help and support so don't be afraid to reach out for it. Suicide isn't the way out either. You have your whole life ahead of you and it doesn't have to be this way for ever. Things can and they will get better but you have to keep fighting, okay?

Hang on in there. <3

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Oldaccount. Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: crying due to thoughts on suicide - December 24th 2012, 04:04 PM

Hi there,

I haven't got much to say but I'd like to add a bit onto what has already been said. I find that suicidal thoughts can get quite overwhelming and when things overwhelm us we cry to help release those feelings. I was told by a psych Nurse last week that we can feel low for a very long time and can think of suicide but keep the thoughts at bay but when people get so so low they think about it more and the thoughts become stronger and people feel out of control of their feelings and turn to suicide as an escape. Basically, what I'm trying to say is that the intensity of the suicidal thoughts and feelings can make us upset, especially when somebody doesn't actually want to die but it feels like the only way out so therefore we cry as a way to 'lift the weight off' a bit.

Just so you know you're not alone, we are here to support you. Suicide isn't the only way out and it's a permanent solution to a temporary problem. If you want to talk then feel free to contact me any time.

Stay strong and take care,
Lex

(#5 (permalink)) Old
simplylost Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Rachel

Re: crying due to thoughts on suicide - December 24th 2012, 10:29 PM

Hi there!
My opinion may not matter all that much, but I personally think that crying due to thoughts of suicide might be a good sign. It may show that you're feeling more of a connection to life and all that it has to offer. Are you also maybe thinking about the pain of your loved ones who would miss you?
I know that that's usually what makes me cry. Whenever I consider suicide, I find my thoughts always coming back around to what my mother or brother or father would feel...and that's usually when I start to cry.
Don't feel like this is strange, I think that it's a perfectly acceptable reaction.
However, please, I hope that these thoughts don't occur often! There are so many other beautiful things to be thinking about.
Stay strong! xoxox.

Closed Thread