TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
secretone1 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy Im ready to give up on life - January 2nd 2013, 05:04 PM

I'm just ready to kill myself, like can someone just help me please just give me some type of advice I don't know what to do anymore I just can't take living any more. I give up I'm giving up. I hate myself I hate my life. I don't have a purpose on this earth so I don't have a reason to live ;(

Last edited by Palmolive; January 2nd 2013 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Removing prefix

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: Im ready to give up on life - January 2nd 2013, 05:12 PM

I'm really sorry to hear that things are so rough for you right now. It sounds like you're going through a really hard time and I'm glad you've come on here to us. I know that talking to people about what's going on can be a really hard thing for people to do and I think you've done really well to tell us where you're at right now.

We are not able to give yo idea's on how to kill yourself on here and we wouldn't want to anyway. Why? Because you don't deserve death. You deserve love and happiness. I don't know what is going on for you right now to make you feel this low, but I want you to know that it won't always be this way. Things can and will get better. So many people in the world go through similar things to what you're going through right now and so many of those people get through it. Recovery is possible and if other people can do it, then so can you and you are worth the fight.

Yo haven't said a lot about why you feel so low but if there's something going on that you're struggling with and if you want to talk to us about it then know that we're always here to listen and we'll always try our best to help you as much as we can. You're not alone in this and it can get better, okay? So stay fighting.

Take good care of yourself.

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#3 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: Im ready to give up on life - January 2nd 2013, 09:45 PM

You have a purpose, but you just haven't found it yet. There's something that I read when I was suicidal. It changed my mind, and I hope it'll change yours, too. I also suggest checking out the thread with songs to help those who are suicidal.

Read this for me:

**This is not my work, it's twloha's**
"You were created to love and be loved. You were meant to live life in relationship with other people, to know and be known. You need to know that your story is important and that you're part of a bigger story. You need to know that your life matters.
We live in a difficult world, a broken world. My friend Byron is very smart - he says that life is hard for most people most of the time. We believe that everyone can relate to pain, that all of us live with questions, and all of us get stuck in moments. You need to know that you're not alone in the places you feel stuck.
We all wake to the human condition. We wake to mystery and beauty but also to tragedy and loss. Millions of people live with problems of pain. Millions of homes are filled with questions moments and seasons and cycles that come as thieves and aim to stay. We know that pain is very real. It is our privilege to suggest that hope is real, and that help is real.
You need to know that rescue is possible, that freedom is possible, that God is still in the business of redemption. We're seeing it happen. We're seeing lives change as people get the help they need. People sitting across from a counselor for the first time. People stepping into treatment. In desperate moments, people calling a suicide hotline. We know that the first step to recovery is the hardest to take. We want to say here that it's worth it, that your life is worth fighting for, that it's possible to change.
Beyond treatment, we believe that community is essential, that people need other people, that we were never meant to do life alone.
The vision is that community and hope and help would replace secrets and silence.
The vision is people putting down guns and blades and bottles.
The vision is that we can reduce the suicide rate in America and around the world.
The vision is that we would learn what it means to love our friends, and that we would love ourselves enough to get the help we need.
The vision is better endings. The vision is the restoration of broken families and broken relationships. The vision is people finding life, finding freedom, finding love. The vision is graduation, a Super Bowl, a wedding, a child, a sunrise. The vision is people becoming incredible parents, people breaking cycles, making change.
The vision is the possibility that your best days are ahead.
The vision is the possibility that we're more loved than we'll ever know.
The vision is hope, and hope is real.

You are not alone, and this is not the end of your story."

Did it change your mind? I hope so.

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

Nature does not rush, yet everything is accomplished
-Lao Tzu
Memories made in the mountains stay in our hearts forever
Move the body, quiet the mind

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: Im ready to give up on life - January 3rd 2013, 03:40 AM

Hey, there. I'm Christabel and I've never met you but I care because nobody deserves to feel so much pain that they feel like the only escape is death.

I really do believe that you have a very good purpose in life. You're here for a reason, we all are. You have to learn to believe in yourself and wanna recover to make a difference in your life. If you hate it, then change it. Easier said than done, I definitely understand that. But going everyday hating everything and feeling bad is easier than trying to improve your life. Now I don't wanna come off as saying life is easy and you're never supposed to feel bad, because I truly understand. But to recover, you have to feel this bad to finally realize you deserve better. You can start building all the bridges depression made you burn down. I know it may seem like there's no way out, but there's always a way.

I'm fairly sure that there's at least someone, probably a lot, but I know there's someone in your life that cares so much about you. Lots of people care about you, therefore your life does matter. I care.

Everyone is perfect in their own way, and they have flaws. That's what makes them unique. Nobody in the world is exactly the same so everyone's life has a purpose and everyone is special, every life matters. You gotta look beyond depression to see the light. See your beauty. You are special.

Please speak to a counselor or therapist, friends or family about how you're feeling. A good support system in real life will help. Plus, you have all of us here at the end of a long day. You're never alone. Try to find some things to distract yourself. I knew when I was going through a really rough patch that doing new things helped.

- Write your feelings down in a journal to express yourself
- Go for a walk/run
- Watch TV/Movies
- Listen to Music
- Take a relaxing bath

Do things for you, do things that make you relaxed and happy because you deserve happiness. I'm always here if you need someone to talk to.

You can do this, Stay Strong. <3

~ Christabel

Closed Thread