TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
TheKnowing Offline
Know
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Knowing

Question Depressed without Reason - January 4th 2013, 11:18 PM

Not exactly sure where to start so ill start here. The only thing that keeps me holding to the world is not knowing what the future holds. Not knowing where ill be or what will happen in a few years and/or many years. Aside from lack of knowledge, I really see no reason to live. Sure to see things you have never seen or do things you never did but those aren't real reasons. I dont want to get into detail, but I feel like iv'e seen things that most people dont see in their lives. I know the side of the world that allot people pretend isn't there, the dark side. From that, I have allot of pent up anger inside that eats at me. Not everyday, but its always there. I also think iv'e realized many things that people shouldn't realize until their later in age. Like how marriage and relationships do more harm then good. I blame my mother for this, she left when i was 6 and did some unspeakable things that id rather not mention and how it left me and my father in the long run. Every time I see a nice girl, half of me says yes and the other half, the unblinded half, reminds me of what has happened and what could happen again. I see no need for relationships or children, nor do I seek them. My dreams are farfetched, the only things that would make me happy. I also see no point in living and growing old, in fact i Fear it. Your body falls apart, your memory stops, people stop caring for you, you get diseased, rely on medications, no. I would rather die. Im not afraid of death, I embrace it. Almost envy it. Im somewhat of a mental masochist. Why? I dont know.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
~Divergent~ Offline
Struggling again.
I've been here a while

Name: Hailey

Re: Depressed without Reason - January 5th 2013, 12:07 AM

Hi there, to TH!

I think that considering all you've been through, how you're feeling is totally normal. I can relate, in a way, to some of what you said - seeing a side of the world that a lot of people don't see, seeing things that most people don't see in their lives, realizing things that you should be too young to understand - and sometimes I feel the same way that you do. So I get it.

But we also have to remember that it won't necessarily always be this way. Right now, what we've been through is still relatively fresh in our minds, but 10 or 15 or 20 years from now it could simply be "something that happened a long time ago." There's really no such thing as forgetting about it or pretending it never happened, but it doesn't have to rule your life forever or dictate who you are and who you can become. You still have so many opportunities left, so many things you can do with your life, and events that occurred in the past don't have to control that.

However, I do know how hard it is to let these things go. Sometimes it feels like they're the biggest thing in your life, taking over everything else. Maybe you could think about talking to a counselor about some of what has happened, or at least how you feel about it, and they can help you figure out what to do. Maybe they can help you start to "get over it" and move on. As a matter of fact, talking to pretty much anyone about it could be very helpful. I've found that literally just the act of talking about something can help you start to move on and let it go.

As for what you said in your title, that you're depressed without reason, I think you do have a very legit reason. Sometimes our reasons for being depressed are just complicated or hard to understand.

I hope this helped out a little. You can message me anytime if you ever need anything, and I'll be happy to try and help out.

~Hailey

Member since 9/27/12
Buddy since 9/14/13

(#3 (permalink)) Old
ashareal Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Depressed without Reason - January 8th 2013, 03:07 PM

I really know how you are feeling. My parents got divorced when I was very young and my relationship with both My parents have been so complicated. I really recommend that you go see somebody: a therapist to talk to help you come to terms with your past and a psychiatrist so they can help you handle your emotions. Thats what I did and it was the best thing I did.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: Depressed without Reason - January 14th 2013, 07:59 AM

These are interesting reasons you must have put a lot of thought into. I guess, if you ask me the point of life... Is well, you know how you say you see the dark side of things that you believe nobody sees? The point is to grow up and become the change you wish to see in the world, that's my favorite quote and I believe it too.

Sure, love does hurt us but that's how we learn to find someone we truly do love and loves us back in return. Pain is how we figure things out and learn how to cope. When you lose something you love, it shows that it wasn't meant to be and it teaches you how to better and more appreciate the things you'll have in the future. Appreciate all the good things everyday, even the little things.

Grow up to create life, have kids and create more life in the world and raise them to grow up happy and do everything you wish could have been different in your younger days and days now. Make up for it all to help fill emptiness.

When we're older, yes health problems do occur but that's all the reason to live in the present and not be clouded by the future thoughts. Live everyday like it's your last. Explore possibilities, do new things, have new experiences. So many things you've never done before. There's a lot to life if you really look.

Instead of growing up to embrace death, embrace every day of living.

~ Christabel

Closed Thread