TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Awesometastic44 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

i am going to kill myself - January 6th 2013, 01:39 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

i am going to kill myself soon i can't keep living it is to hard. i will never be happy so whats the point in living.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?
Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie

Re: i am going to kill myself - January 6th 2013, 01:47 PM

Don't do it.

That's my first bit of advice. Why? Because I'm telling you without a doubt that life can be more than this. You are so, so young. These years are hard for everyone. People have been where you are; they've gotten to the other side. They're living, thriving even, because they fought and won. If they've done it, you can too.

You can definitely be happy. I get that right now you're not, I know it's hard to see more than what you have with you right now, but the future is incredible because you can't predict it. It's often hard to see it when everything is dark, but there is light out there and if you look for it, fight for it, and don't give in, you can get there, I promise you that. Talk to someone about how you feel, distract yourself, make yourself smile, have fun - live you life, but do not end it. What will that accomplish? It wont make you happy because you wont be here therefore it doesn't solve your problem. It doesn't give you a chance to experience more than this because you're taking that opportunity away from yourself. Believe me when I say killing yourself is NOT the answer.

I'm sorry to hear you're struggling but please keep fighting. There are ways you can get help and people you can talk to. Don't do this alone because it will only make you feel worse. Reach out, don't be afraid to say you're not okay, people can and will help you through this. PM me if you want to, I'll always be there to listen and help. You're so young, don't use this perminant solution to a temporary problem when there are much, much better ones out there.

For example, try keeping a book or journal of things that make you smile, either now or in the past. Try and remember them, even if it's something as small as the colour of the sky. Let them make you smile. Don't be afraid to be happy. I know when I feel down sometime I'm afraid to be happy because I don't think I should be, and sometimes, weirdly, I Don't want to be. But it's okay to allow yourself to smile and enjoy life, even if you're hesitant to. Let yourself appreciate it and smile, do what you can to fight this because you can get through this, okay?

Keep your chin up,
Hollie.

❤ Nana ❤
1953-2016

As far as we can discern,
the sole purpose of human existence
is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
- Carl Jung

(#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: i am going to kill myself - January 8th 2013, 05:53 AM

Darling, I fully agree with Belle. Don't do it.

There are so many points in living... You're young and you can do this. I think everyone feels this way at some point in their lives but they decide not to do it and get help, and that's when they actually begin to enjoy things and get the most out of life. To start paving the road to happiness, you have to try your best to want to recover from depression.

I'm really sorry you're feeling so bad, hunny... I'm 13 as well and I've been to the point where I thought of suicide but knew I wouldn't do it. I know how bad you can begin to feel so I want you to know that I'm here for you if you wanna talk. You are never alone. I just really wanna see you get the the point where you can be thankful for life, because after the storm comes the rainbow that'll make you realize just how special life can be.

You don't have to be alone. We're all here for you.

Just... Realize that suicide isn't the answer. You're amazing and a really special person that certainly doesn't deserve all the pain you're feeling to drive you this far into the darkness. Darlin', I'm gonna tell you the truth. There's always hope in the world, even when you can't see it. There's always a way because you are born with a purpose on this earth... It'd just be a shame to see you throw away your beautiful life this way.

Can you tell an adult you trust? Parents, siblings, friends, teacher, counselor, therapist, or a relative? It can be scary but turn out to be such a positive thing.

You say you will never be happy? You're 13, you don't know that. You still have so much of the future waiting for you. Like finding a special someone, Marrying them, having a child and have the child look at you and smile. Plus many more amazing moments that'll make you so happy in life and you'll never forget. Remember, all these things you go through now are to make you stronger for the future. You're meant to get through all this to live a happy life being wise and experienced to cope with the future. You know, your life really is worth so much more than you know. In the future after all this, you can help so many people after having experienced this and getting through all this yourself. You can inspire people that are your age now, in the future by sharing your story and reminding them things do get better. Most importantly, being happy yourself. You have the ability to create life and love and to be loved. You can make someone so happy. Don't give that up over the bad things.

How about trying out a sport at school? Going biking, hanging out with friends, relatives, family, or calling up and talking to friends. Watching a TV show or movie you like or haven't seen before. Try to find some funny or positive movies. Listen to music. Writing all your thoughts and feelings in a journal can help you express some emotions. Everytime you feel sad, do something to encourage yourself to feel happy.

May I ask what's bothering you this badly? I can listen.
Remember, I'm always here for you if you need absolutely anything at all. I'm only a PM/VM away.

Life is beautiful. You're beautiful.
Life is amazing. You're amazing.
Life is hard. You're stronger.
Life is special. You're special.

Remember that.

Stay strong <3

~ Christabel

Last edited by DeletedAccount17; January 8th 2013 at 05:59 AM.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jay
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Re: i am going to kill myself - January 8th 2013, 05:55 AM

Hey there,

You never got back to me?!
Okay, suicide just is NOT worth it! Seriously, not only does it hurt you, it hurts everyone around you who LOVES you!
No matter how bad life may seem, it WILL get better! trust me on that, you're 13, you got a whole life ahead of you! Don't give up just because it gets dark. Trust that the light will enter again.

Jay.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
i_like_black Offline
Awesomesauce.
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Jess

Re: i am going to kill myself - January 8th 2013, 08:27 AM

I just want to emphasize what Jay said - you're thirteen.

And being depressed and suicidal is horrible, no matter how old you are, and feeling hopeless is pretty freaking horrible too.

But it doesn't last forever.
There's so much you miss out on if you're dead - you don't get to grow up, or grow old, or make your own decisions, or find out what life's like living away from home.
You deny yourself the chance to be successful, the chance to find out what you're truly made of, and how very much your life is worth.

Maybe you feel like suicide is your only way out.
That is warped thinking. Depression does that, it warps your thinking. But you have to recognise that there are things you can do - you can talk to people, you can ask for help, you can ask for hugs, for time out, for time away, to see a therapist, to talk to a counselor, to go for a walk just to calm yourself down.

You can ring a hotline. Phone a friend. Have a long bath and just enjoy being warm and play with the bubbles. Be honest with your family.

Seriously, I was suicidal at thirteen too. Sure it's not common, but it's not entirely uncommon either. Depression doesn't care how old you are, what gender you are, or what ethnicity you are. Depression can affect anyone, at any time.

What's important is for you to get help.

Everybody can be happy, or failing that, content. But if you don't stick around, you won't find out for sure. You'll never know.

If you die, people will talk about your potential, how beautiful you were, how much they loved you. Tell them you feel like this. Like maybe you'd like to hear these things now, instead of having people wait until it's too late to say the things that matter.

If you live, you learn about your own potential. Eventually, you see your own beauty, and you learn that no matter how you feel, people love you - and they want you alive.
So instead of giving up, and letting the depression win - get help. Enlist an army of friends and family and whoever else is willing to help you beat it, so you can be the person you were born to be.

And finally, don't romanticise suicide. There is no such thing as a painless death, and quick deaths are also surprisingly rare. People who attempt suicide (and people who succeed) often spend hours, or weeks, confused and in pain. It's not pretty. When your body gets ready to die, everything lets go. So you're okay with being found dead? What about okay found dead, with sloppy poo in your pants, pee running down your leg, and vomit staining your shirt? Doesn't sound so nice now, does it?

And what if you wake up in hospital, and later find out you were like that, and people saw you? What if you almost die, but then get saved - and people have seen you naked, and you messed yourself because you lost control? It's very embarassing, and you can never look at those people quite the same. I know. I've had that experience.

But anyway, my main point - give life a chance. There's more worth living for than you can ever imagine - you just have find it.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Lingspiration Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ling

Re: i am going to kill myself - January 8th 2013, 08:39 AM

Don't do it!

I don't know what you're going through, but I've been there before. I know it's hard, and you feel like it's a struggle. Just know that things will get better, it might not be huge changes, but little things. There are moments when things look up, don't forget that. Even if you feel alone, and you feel like it's a losing battle... it never is because you're still fighting. You may not know or believe it, but there are people you can turn to, people who care about you. Let them help.

Every rose has its thorns.

"No matter how adverse the circumstances, there is never any reason to give up." ~Charles Lachenmeyer

(#7 (permalink)) Old
bobby94 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: i am going to kill myself - January 8th 2013, 10:20 PM

first off i am thinking and praying for you , if you want to talk please pm myself or one of the many lovely members here you have your whole life ahead of you Hugs

Volunteers aren't paid not because they are useless , BUT BECAUSE THEY ARE PRICELESS

Closed Thread