TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Nee :)

I don't know what to do, I feel helpless/hopeless. - January 8th 2013, 07:42 PM

Hi, I'm 13(and a girl) and I never thought I'd say this,(well not so soon), but I need help. Like, I REALLY REALLY need help. Last night, I was laying in bed and I sort of had a breakdown. I literally cried for more than 10 minutes which is like wierd for me because I've never really done anything of the sort before so its was kind of a shock to the system or like a wake up call. I have loads of problems, but they're not ones that you could just "sort out' I think they'd need like counselling or something. But if it helps, ill add my problems but just ask , so last nights, I didn't know how I'd cope today at school. I was feeling suicidal, NOT actively, I didn't try, but the thought was in my head. After I got ready for school, and cried a bit more, in my room then in the toilet, I went in the kitchen and tried to avoid eye contact with anyone but I wanted them(my mum and sister) to try and see me. My eyes were really red and puffy so it would be easy for anyone to realise that I'd been crying for a long time, I went in the kitchen to find some nurofen, because I'd given myself a big headache from all the crying, I couldn't find any some I asked my mum, she realised my eyes were red and puffy and asked me if I had been crying, so she asked me what was wrong and I told her I had a headache. If there's something wrong with me, like I feel a cold coming on or something, she'd expect and want us to tell her about it, I didn't tell her, because then she'd ask me questions, and I honestly cannot answer them because I had reasons to cry but there wasn't one particular reason. But thining about it now, I was crying, because I knew that I would be "allowed to cry until after school, and that frightened me. I didn't want to end up crying on the full bus or in assembly or in class and people asking me a load of questions. I wasn't prepared for it, so after that, I went to meet my friend, when we was walking, I started crying and told her to go on without me. I ran back home and explained to my mum that I need to stay at home, she got me settled and went out with my sister, she went to wrk and took my sister to school. I calmed down a bit, its took me a while because I was overwhelemd, went to sleep, then watched a bit of telly till my mum came back home. She then told me that if there's anything wrong, I need to talk to her, I was scared to talk to her because if I'd said that I was crying and couldn't stop myself, she would be confused as to why I would be crying and not know the real reason. Right now, I feel teary eyed and can feel another cry fest coming on. I think its cause I'm scared, I can't face school, I don't want to cry and not be able to get out of the situation, to recover or hide .. What do I do ? Would going to stay in a psych ward help ? I'd miss my family llots but I don't know what to do. I have depression but its not medically diagnosed.

Thanks (:

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Lingspiration Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ling

Re: I don't know what to do, I feel helpless/hopeless. - January 8th 2013, 08:10 PM

I've been through that before, and I suggest you tell your mom what's wrong. She seems genuinely concerned about you. I also think that counseling is a good idea, if you feel that's what you need right now. Just remember that crying is not a weakness, it's a strength. It's a way of letting go of all the stress you feel. Yes, it stinks that you can't face people right now, but you will be able to. Just take your time and calmly go over everything that's troubling you.

Honestly, I commend you for being able to admit that you need help at such a young age. It takes a lot of courage to do that. If you want to talk more about your problems, and would like some more related advice feel free to PM me, or email me at ling@lingspiration.com.

Every rose has its thorns.

"No matter how adverse the circumstances, there is never any reason to give up." ~Charles Lachenmeyer

(#3 (permalink)) Old
bobby94 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I don't know what to do, I feel helpless/hopeless. - January 8th 2013, 10:39 PM

tell your mam , you may think its stupid but everyone gets it at some stage those days that no matter what your doing you just want to cry and are thinking what the hell is going on :P its natural . Plus your mam sounds like a real understanding person end of the day your only 13 things go on in your head and body at this age new chemicals are released that could cause this so dont feel bad . Be happy you have such a great mam and friend . Pm me if you need a chat <3

Volunteers aren't paid not because they are useless , BUT BECAUSE THEY ARE PRICELESS

Closed Thread