TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
secretone1 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy Why cant I just Die ? - January 10th 2013, 10:03 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Yesterday I took 12 sleeping pills. I was hoping to die but that obviously didn't happen. Foamy white stuff started coming out of my mouth & that really confused me. Anyway I was dizzy& couldnt get up and walk I was to weak. I felt myself getting very sleepy then next thing I know my chest started beating really fast & I woke up to my alarn clock going off. I really want to just die. Nobody cares about me nobody understands me I just want to die. Why is it so hard! I hate myself.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Antihero
I've been here a while

Name: Ghost

Re: Why cant I just Die ? - January 10th 2013, 10:29 PM

Well, the reason it is so hard to die is that you were intended to live. One billion years of beautiful tradition have resulted in your being formed to live on this Earth... for a long time. What makes you feel you have to rush headlong into the one certainty coming to all of us? I care about you, though I may not understand you. But why is it important to be understood? That's boring

The neon burns a hole in the night, and the Freon burns a hole in the sky.
You can find my kind living right on the fault line, eyes on the seaside, lives on the B-side, kites on the power lines.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jay
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Re: Why cant I just Die ? - January 10th 2013, 11:07 PM

Hey there,

Suicide isn't worth it! Seriously, no matter how dark it gets it'll get better! OD'ing really messes up your internal organs. I should know, I've had two of them and my kidneys are still not to rights.

If you'd like to talk feel free to message me, I would love to help you mate,

Jay.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: Why cant I just Die ? - January 12th 2013, 04:51 AM

Hi, hun, I'm Christabel

Jay is right, both Jay's for that matter. May I ask how come you want to die? Look, I'm really sorry things must be hard but you're meant to live. Take this as a sign, you OD'd but you're here today. That's a sign that you do matter and you're supposed to live, you're meant to. You still have so many more things to experience in your life that's definitely worth living for. Like experiencing life away from home, getting a job and earning things yourself. Finding the love of your life who will understand you and care so much for you. That's the point of growing up. See, all these bad feelings and things we go through sorta makes us stronger in the end so we're better for it and can deal and cope with things better. It equips us for the future. So instead of acting on the bad things, do something positive and nice for yourself instead.

I don't know you but I do believe you're a beautiful person and you do want to live. The fact you posted here shows that you just need hope, you need support, and need someone to listen? Is that right? I of course don't know your feelings but I'd like to talk with you and listen if you need a friend. I don't mind. By the way, you don't need others to understand, what matters is you understand yourself.

Suicide just isn't the answer because I know things will get better. Not sure when or how but it can't always stay this bad forever. There'll be a breakthrough. Live for that. Live for the future. Live for a future love of your life. Live for a child that you can create. Yes, you have the ability to create life. You do matter, you have a purpose.

Recovery is possible. Believe in yourself. You have to want to recover and help yourself before a change can happen. I've saw recovery in someone I love very much. You can do anything. I got some suggestions you could try.

When I was going through a really hard time, I watched Loony Tunes. Because it's nice to be able to laugh, to watch something bright and colorful with a humorous and random cherry on top. Try your best to watch funny Movies and TV shows like that. Listen to music which can really help you. Music helps us relate with our feelings better. You can draw or paint. Write down your feelings in a notebook or journal, even if they don't make sense. Going biking or doing an out-side activity can help to because it's something active to get you moving even if you don't want to, plus the sun induces a natural positive chemical in your brain to assist in feeling more positive. If it's too cold or too hot there then playing Games could distract you. Focus on something else and another goal for a change. Or reading books. Just put your head in something else to distract yourself from the bad emotions or try to think and try to solve some without suicide.

I really think it'd be wise to talk to a therapist about this. A trusted friend, your parents, school counselor, a coach or a principle. Even relatives. I just really think it'd help you to have someone to talk to about all the things going through your mind. You deserve some support from people in real life and you have all of us here as well.

Start recovery tomorrow, wake up saying "I can do this". Get out of bed, get dressed knowing you can face the day. It's never too late to be brand new. Please, try, recovery can take a little while, some patience, quite a few tried but you can get it. You can do this, believe in yourself, Stay Strong. <3 Do something nice for yourself, then after you feel a little better, do something nice for someone else. Doing nice stuff will make you happy. Just remember to take care of yourself. You'll be in my thoughts.

Hope I helped a bit! You can contact me anytime you like if you need a friend to talk to, I'd love to listen. You can do this.

Stay Strong <3

~ Christabel

Closed Thread