TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
.Madison. Offline
Dreams can come true.
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Madison

It just may be the solution. - January 23rd 2013, 09:20 PM

Well I'm not sure how I should go on about writting this but here i go.
I feel alot of different ways, one being Deprssed.
Right now my life feels like it's upside down, Like it is sinking in a swiming pool and can not swim. My thoughts and feeling are a big part of it.
All of the feelings of lonliness, of sadness, hopelessness, and a thousand more that you can name. I dn't hae a good way of dealing with all the feelings, I keep them l insid and act like nothing is wrong. Like eerything is dandy. I smile and keep going. Until Thoughts of killing myself started to find their way into my mind. and No matter how much I tried to push them ou they stayed. I started hurting myelf. (Cuttng) Which really didn't help much. Then things got wrse, Friend issues, Family isssues and school issues. I couldnt take things anymore and I felt that Killing myef was the only real wy out of all of the issues. I atempted I cut my wrist, and passed out. Next thing I remembered was waking up in the hospital. The story goes on. I got out and Things got better just a little. Then Now thns aregetting worse. I started cutting again 2 weeks ago and now I just want to die again. I just dont know what to do. I just keep tryng to act happy. but it wont work for long. Yah That's it.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: It just may be the solution. - January 23rd 2013, 09:46 PM

Suicide is never the solution. Wouldn't you be scared to be alone- in the ground? I've seen suicides destroy people, siblings go on drugs, parents divorce, etc.

I can promise you that you definitely have people who love and care about you in your life. I care, I can promise you that. Based on the fact that you posted here, you believe there's hope left. You're right, there's always hope left even in the worst situations.

Does anyone know about what you're going through? Let me tell you, it feels really good when you talk about it. It's a weight that gets lifted off of your shoulders, because once everything is out in the open, you won't have to hide anymore.

I know exactly what you mean. I hid it for years until I exploded. Needless to say, that wasn't pretty. If you aren't addicted to cutting, it might be easier to slowly decrease the amount of times you cut. You can try the butterfly project, you could create links to symbolize the days you've gone cut free. You could reward yourself.

You're worth it. You have a purpose in this world, you just have to find it.

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

Nature does not rush, yet everything is accomplished
-Lao Tzu
Memories made in the mountains stay in our hearts forever
Move the body, quiet the mind

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Hypothesis. Offline
Not significant.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: It just may be the solution. - January 24th 2013, 12:04 AM

Hey there,

I'm so sorry to hear about what you are going through right now and the effect it is having on you.

Do you know why it is that you are feeling the way you do? What is triggering these emotions, feelings, and urges? If you are unsure, maybe you should find out. One way to do that is by keeping a journal. In it, you can write down everything, whether it is good or bad. From there, you can take special note of the times when one of the more upsetting feelings happens, you feel suicidal, or you get the urge to self harm by writing down the date and time, your location, what's happening, and how you are feeling. That way when you're feeling calmer you can look back and try and notice patterns forming.

I really agree that it feels good to talk about your feelings. I know that I am seeing a counselor right now, and it is one of the best things I could have done for myself. Of course, you don't have to talk to a counselor, but keep in mind you are not alone going through this and it can really benefit you to talk to someone. These people won't yell at you or judge you but instead will help you cope with what is going on and listen to what I have to say. I'll give you two links, "Who Can Help Me?", and "Hotlines." These are examples of people you can talk to.

As for the self harming, I know that you think it helps, but it isn't really a good way to cope at all. Instead, the problems just come back because you aren't getting to the root of your problems. Not only that, but it can become an addiction, and you will have to worry about hiding the wounds and keeping them clean to prevent infections. Instead, why not use an alternative? These are healthy, safe ways to cope that you can use in place of self harm. Here's a list of some.

Remember that even though things are hard now, there is always a reason to keep hanging on. There are people out there who care about you very much and would be devastated if you were gone. I care and TH cares. You have things to do and places to go, people to meet and goals to complete. Every little bit counts, so be proud of any accomplishments and reward yourself for the little things. There is always a reason to live. Here's a complete list, but there's even more than that!

There is always something to keep fighting for, and I promise you the fight is so worth it. Keep your head held high and stay strong! You can do it!

-Dez

Closed Thread