TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Sockmonkey Offline
Person
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Chelsey

Unhappy I feel so worthless. - January 29th 2013, 03:16 AM

I don't know what to do anymore. I feel soooooo worthless. Amd I feel like I should just end my life. It's all I ever think about. I feel like no one would care if I died..

Last edited by Palmolive; February 1st 2013 at 11:24 PM. Reason: Removing prefix.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: I feel so worthless. - January 29th 2013, 10:27 AM

Hey, Chelsey! I'm Christabel.

Chelsey... I can promise you that someone, at least someone in your life really loves you, even I care for you now after reading this. So that makes you not worthless, I'd be sad if you ended your life because everyone on this earth is here for a reason, a purpose. Everyone is special and unique, including you. I think people in your life would be devastated and so depressed if you decided to end your life.

How about trying to change your thoughts up and do something different tomorrow? Go out, do something you haven't done or haven't done in awhile, go out with friends, play a new game, listen to a new song, something different. Play a new sport, go biking. Writing your feelings down in a journal can also help.

May I ask how come you feel so sad?

Can you talk to your parents about it? Or close friends, school counselor or a therapist? Maybe a teacher you trust? If face to face talking is intense, maybe you could give it to them in a letter or a note. I think a healthy support system in real life could make a positive difference for you. It can be hard, but worth it.

I want you to know that I care, and probably many others. Life is worth living because the happy good moments make up for everything, the breakthrough after a rough patch pays it all off. Know that things will get better, it can't stay rainy forever.

I'm here for you. PM/VM me anytime because I'd love to listen.

Stay Strong <3

~ Christabel

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: I feel so worthless. - February 1st 2013, 11:34 PM

Hi there.

I'm glad you've come to us for some help and support. It sounds like things are a little rough for you and you definitely don't have to be alone through this.

Can I ask what it is that you don't know what to do about any more? Do you mean that you don't know what to do about feeling this way? Or is there something happening now or something that has happened in the past which is upsetting you and making you feel the way you are feeling? What ever it is, if you want to talk to us about it or just about how you do feel, know that we're here to listen okay? We'll try our best to support you and be there for you while you're going through this. You're not alone in this and sometimes just talking about what's bothering us can really help.

You're definitely not worthless. You have a point in life. To the world you may be one person, but to one person, you may well be the world. You have your whole life ahead of you and it is what you make of it. Set yourself goals and aim high because you are more than capable of achieving anything you want if you set your mind to it and work for it, work hard and don't stop fighting. You can do anything you want and be anyone you want but it doesn't come easy. Things that are worth having, don't come easy. Think about where you want to go in life and start making steps and changes to get to where you want to be it. It will honestly be so damn worth it in the end when you get there.

Your life is beautiful. I know it's really hard right now and I get that feeling like this is horrible and I understand that at times, giving up and killing yourself probably seems like the best way out because lets face it, if you die, all of this stops. There will be no more pain and no more misery. But there also won't be happiness and joy. you won't have anything, just nothingness. If you get through this hard time, which you CAN then you can have happiness. You can have a life and it can be good if you make it good. Your future is yours. Do what you want, strive for the best and aim high because you CAN get there, okay? You won't regret it in the long run.

So many people care about you. You're loved and the people who do love you and care about you can help you through this but you have to let them in and tell them what's happening so that they can support you through this. And we care for you too. I care for you. If I didn't care then I wouldn't be here writing back to you now but I am because I care, because you are worth it and because I know you can get through this if you work hard and stick at it.

Don't give up. Hold on to hope. You can get through this.
Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

Closed Thread