TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Sydow Offline
I will not bow
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Doug

Unhappy I feel like giving up. - January 29th 2013, 03:13 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Basically what the title says, i just don't know what to do anymore. Im tired of fighting my depression every day and i just don't think i can anymore, i know a couple people who cut and i feel like they are happier than me. If cutting can make someone happy then maybe that's what i should do, i just don't know anymore. Any advice would be appreciated.

“One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.”

(#2 (permalink)) Old
SongBird1993 Offline
I want to be okay again
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Bailey

Re: I feel like giving up. - January 29th 2013, 04:25 PM

First off, cutting won't make you happy. It's a temporary distraction from your depression and pain, and once you start it's extremely hard to stop. Chances are cutting isn't making them happy, sometimes 'happiness' is a deeper result of depression and hurt. I highly recommend against it, you are strong enough to fight off those urges an make it past that.

Do you have friends/adult you can talk to about how you are feeling? They may be able to get you some help, and if you don't know what's causing you to feel this way then that's the first step. Identifying the trigger is key. What is upsetting you and the root of your depression? If you know the answer to that then you can start figuring out ways to deal with it that doesn't involve harming yourself.

Do you have any relaxation techniques? Try doing something you are interested in to keep your mind occupied and see if it will pass. Here's some ideas:

-Listen to your favorite music, you could even put together a playlist of your favorite songs for when you are feeling like this.
-Learn or play an instrument/game
-Exercise is often a good stress reliever. Go for a jog, get involved in a sport, or even just a walk.
-Keep a journal of your feelings to get it 'out'
-Write, read, draw, paint
-Volunteer: Do some work, or if you have a pet give him/her some attention
-Take a warm bath/shower
-Watch a movie or TV show
-Talk to a family member or friend
-Anything else you enjoy

And remember, there is always a better alternative then harming yourself. I'm here if you ever need to talk, and if there is anything else you need let me know

Send a message via Skype™ to SongBird1993 
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Sydow Offline
I will not bow
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I feel like giving up. - January 29th 2013, 09:13 PM

Wow, the fact you took some real time and thought into this post really means a lot. These are some really great ideas but im not sure if these things will help anymore, to be honest im pretty sure why im feeling this way but i don't know how to deal with it anymore i just cant seem to keep fighting it. Its really starting to take a toll physically and mentally and i don't know what to do, i don't want to tell anyone close to me because i don't want to worry or hurt them.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
SongBird1993 Offline
I want to be okay again
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Bailey

Re: I feel like giving up. - January 29th 2013, 11:08 PM

I'm glad to be of the smallest bit of help The key to the whole things is to find out what will help you in situations like this. Have you told anyone about it? Talking about it with someone you trust could help you get your thoughts organized. You can keep fighting it, you just need to find a new approach. And it is doable, it might take time but don't give up. I'm sure that there are people in your life who wouldn't want you to, me included. If I can do anything or you want to talk privately, I'd be glad to help you out in anyway I can. Remember that chances are, if the roles were reversed you wouldn't want someone you care about going through this without help or support.
  Send a message via Skype™ to SongBird1993 
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Sydow Offline
I will not bow
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I feel like giving up. - January 30th 2013, 12:15 AM

Hmmm, well this does make a lot of sense and i think ill talk to my councilor tomorrow or somebody. It really does mean a lot that you helped me and i think ill message you to describe in detail whats going on.

Closed Thread