TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Mr.Cat Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Marvin

having trouble to cope. - January 31st 2013, 12:11 AM

I got a depression, the reason being is this http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f9-re...up/#post991284 and I tried to move on and stuff. Tried to get distraction and i even wanted to go hang out today but every time I wanted to make a step forward, something always make me tumbling down again. I kept dreaming about him and I can't stand it. I hate the fact that even in my sleep I have to face him. I hate the fact that even though I tried to move on and be happy, I have to be dragged back to that hole again. I don't know what to do, I loss my appetite and when I tried to eat, everything just taste like crap. I really want to be ok and live but the thoughts of suicide just keep popping out. I want to cut my wrist. I don't know if I'm going to do it or not but I really want to just not think or remember anymore.
  Send a message via Skype™ to Mr.Cat 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Thereishope Offline
Skittles Minion & Fish Thrower
I can't get enough

Name: Michael

Re: having trouble to cope. - February 2nd 2013, 03:44 PM

Sometimes it takes a while to get over things, don't give up though. Keep trying and pushing forward no matter what. You can get through this and over come it.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: having trouble to cope. - February 4th 2013, 12:08 AM

Hi, Marvin. I'm Christabel.

I'm so sorry about the breakup... First off, I wanna say that I've been where you are. Except it was a little different because instead of a breakup for me it was more of a friendship ending between me and my best friend. It was really special for me and I kinda went through the same thing you are right now. Same feelings, same way of dealing. So I just hope I can help you. Although, this was a year ago, we're friends again now so it's all good.

Is there any way of making up with him and getting back together? Sometimes things take awhile, they take time but eventually work themselves out. If it's meant to be then it'll be. Maybe keep in contact with him and maybe you two can slowly ease back into a relationship again if he wants? Another thing, suicide isn't the answer, I've had those thoughts after the friendship problem. I know it's a difficult time, a really really dark and rough time but I want you to know that things get better. There's a lot of people out there who care about you. It doesn't mean that your breakup is "easy" because it's never easy, just want you to know I'm not taking it lightly.

Whenever I'm down in the dumps over a relationship problem, I try to watch something funny. Laughing really helps, watching silly stuff like Loony Tunes, funny cartoons, anything that makes you laugh. It's better to try to make yourself laugh because like you said, you wanna live, this is just really hurting you. Can you talk to friends or family members about this? Or a therapist maybe? I know that keeping something that's bothering you so badly to yourself isn't healthy and just adds to the loneliness.

Being alone is really bad at this time because it's how your thoughts and terrible feelings creep their way in. Even if you don't feel like it, go out with friends or family and do something fun and happy. It'll remind you that there are happy moments in life. Sometimes music can help, songs that you can relate to. Try to write your feelings over this in a journal, write a poem or story to express yourself better.

I hope I helped a little. I want you to know that I'm really sorry and you seem like a nice person so remember that you won't always be so alone partner wise. I know things seem dark and lonely right now but they get better, with the company of others and realizing things and finding yourself while you're single helps you grow and learn about yourself. Take advantage of being single. Also, when family or friends aren't around, sometimes it's good to express yourself and your sad feelings instead of holding it all inside. Sleep when you're sad, it's better than hurting yourself and being so depressed. By the way, I'm here if you need someone to talk to, I realize how hard it can be so I feel for you. I hope you feel better. Good luck.

Stay Strong <3

~ Christabel

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Mr.Cat Offline
Not a n00b

Re: having trouble to cope. - February 4th 2013, 12:09 PM

Thank you. @patriotsfan: yeah, it is tough and perhaps time will heal but i dunno. these i just feel empty.
@Christabel: thanks for your words. I don't know if he wants to get backs. don't think he wants too... these days i feel empty, i know laughing would help. sometimes it does but there are times when i just feel empty and felt life was not right and i just lose the will to live. Thank you though, I am trying to get through this as best as i can and tried to go talk to friends, family and therapist so... i'm hoping i can do this.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: having trouble to cope. - February 4th 2013, 12:17 PM

I know how that can be. I'm really glad you're talking to people, that's a healthy step in recovering from a breakup. I really think you can do this. Hang in there <3

~ Christabel

Last edited by DeletedAccount17; February 4th 2013 at 12:44 PM.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Mr.Cat Offline
Not a n00b

Re: having trouble to cope. - February 4th 2013, 10:38 PM

I don't know... my mood just went downhill the last couple days. I dreamed about him and says I love him then. I woke up feeling miserable and wishing that I didn't have to dream about it. The days just gets bad and I don't know... as much as I'd like talking to others, I think they get bored with me. I don't want others to felt that I'm selfish because right now I'm self-centered and probably is annoying as heck because I'm always saying the same thing over and over again.... I don't know.... mine is not as bad as others but I just hate going through this ups and downs. felt so miserable and like there's no color in this life. I'm ranting yes... i know... but this is probably the only place that i can.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: having trouble to cope. - February 5th 2013, 10:15 AM

Venting is okay. I know you feel you may be annoying others but please realize that many people go through breakups and understand the emotional draining it does to you. I'm sure they understand and don't feel annoyed. Talking to people when you're upset is a healthy form of coping and learning to move on a bit. I know things are hard but please know that things can get better. Time heals everything. Maybe when you wake up from the dreams, have a positive thing waiting for you? Like watch something you know will make you laugh, or call up a friend or family member? Something to help distract you when the sad feelings pop in. Something colorful and happy. Remember that it's always okay to talk to someone. Especially something like a breakup, they can be horrible and you just deserve the support from people. It's so much worse going through it alone so don't push people away, it makes things worse.

We're all here for you <3

~ Christabel

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Mr.Cat Offline
Not a n00b

Re: having trouble to cope. - February 8th 2013, 10:26 AM

Since life gets better and better... I thought I'll wait for a month before I decide if I want to die or not. Since it's my birthday next month... I'll cut my veins then....on the 28th. My ex said he will say happy birthday to me then ... I'm going to cut my veins in front of him and watch him see me die and he can't do anything about it I think it is a good idea to wait for a month.

Last edited by Mr.Cat; February 8th 2013 at 10:32 AM.
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: having trouble to cope. - February 8th 2013, 06:29 PM

No listen, that's not the way. It hurts everyone around you, not just you... People will forever have to live with the memory of what happened to you, wondering what they could have done, hating themselves for not doing enough. Please, on that day if you begin to think of suicide, please call 911 or a suicide hotline. Someday you'll be thankful for it.

What we go through makes us stronger.

~ Christabel

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Mr.Cat Offline
Not a n00b

Re: having trouble to cope. - February 9th 2013, 12:12 AM

I'm good with that.... I'm already messed up and nothing good in me is left. He took it all away so why should I live with this miserable self. I've tried to be happy but well... who am I kidding... I'm not going to be happy. I just snapped yesterday... and all the anger just exploded... I was plotting murder and crime viciously... I looked at the dullest blade and thinking I will cut myself. So I picked it up and put it right across my veins. I tried slicing it across and though it is not sharp enough to cut or anything. I wanted to end my life there. I don't know... I don't want this life where I'm unwanted. I'm grateful for all the friends and for my mom but... the best in me is just not here anymore, it's dead and gone. So why do I have to cling on to life?
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: having trouble to cope. - February 9th 2013, 10:49 AM

Because there's always hope. Please try to get some help right now, you have a good future ahead of you. People who love you a lot. I hope you talk to someone, call 911 if you feel suicidal. Do it for me?

~ Christabel

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Mr.Cat Offline
Not a n00b

Re: having trouble to cope. - February 12th 2013, 01:43 AM

*RANTING*

Trying cope for the last 3 days and it seems okay but today it comes back with a vengeance. Life seems really hollow and the happy things that I did to cheer me up but they don't last me seconds. I know that I am supposed to live on and to fight for it but I am weary... being alone really kills me. Having no one to talk with kills me more than ever. I don't know what to do because as much as I'd like to talk with people. They are busy with their own life and I don't want to impose on them. I don't want to talk to my best friend because she had enough of my dying crap. I am freaking tired of being alone and I just want to go suicide because of it. Life is not worth living anymore. I tried to pray and pray but it gave me a false sense security and I feel like reality going to bite and crush my hope then... What would I do then... when my hope dies, maybe that will be the easiest moment to just die because I am freaking tired and if hope dies, then I wouldn't want to live anymore. Life isn't worth shit anymore.

I hate it and ... freaking tired of people telling me that I can survive alone and be alone now and give me some me time. What is the point of that when I don't even want a me time. I don't want to focus on myself because there's only misery, bitterness, and anger left in me. But people don't understand... they don't know. I just want someone but I guess in the end, there's no one so ... the thoughts of suicide is still with me. I'll keep it until my birthday and that is when I will pull the trigger.
Closed Thread