TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
That One Guy
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Cody

The GOOD News - February 4th 2013, 01:02 AM

Throughout my highschool life, its all been a big disapointment. I lost the girl i loved for three years, i lost all of my friends, i've lost the good part about me, and i can't even tell my family everything. My friend is the person i am closest to. He lives in a totally different world though. He's in love with a girl and they have been going out for two years. He's always telling me about all the good things that happen to him. Then he asks, "What happened to you today bro?" All i ever tell him is how fucked up my day is or how boring my life is. Not to mention almost everybody i know is walking all over me. I'm the nice guy and i hate having to defend myself. I think its pointless to fight. I want to help everybody but all they do is use me and push me aside. Then recently, the girl i loved is talking to me again for some reason. I actually started to gain hope thinking, maybe she wants me back! i told my friend today because it was good news. The girl that i loved is talking to me again. Then he tells me that she is having guy problems with my other friend. WTF is wrong with me! I had so much hope then BANG!!! I can't compete with my other friend. He is considered good looking to the girls and i'm considered the ugly duckling. I've been dealing with depression for two years. For one year no one gave a shit what was going to happen to me. Thank god for my friend that helps me out. If he wasn't here i sure as hell wouldn't have been here. My point is, should i just give up on this girl, or should i tell her my feelings? Please give me advice if you have any. Thx for reading!!!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: The GOOD News - February 4th 2013, 08:54 AM

Hey, Cody.

How about talking to some new people, getting to know them, or talking to your best friend about how you're actually feeling and not what's going on around you? Tell him you feel depressed and disappointed. I know it may seem bad to tell him bad news when he's giving you good news but the thing is, he's listening and he's there for you. That means you have someone who cares about you.

I definitely think you should talk to the girl, let her know that you like her and see about her reaction. All I can say is if she's in a relationship and there's no way of getting her back, talk to her and let her know your feelings and you'll be content that you got the feelings out. If it doesn't work out then you'll know you tried. The worst thing is never trying something and losing the opportunity and living with the regret.

Your friend sounds like he cares for you, it's good you have someone to talk to. Can you talk to the school counselor for advice too? May I ask how come you say you can't tell your parents everything?

I hope I helped a bit and I just want you to know I'm always here only a PM/VM away if you need someone to talk to. I'd love to listen. Hope you feel better and things work out. Let me know how it goes, yeah? I hope for the best for you, the fact you try to help people even though they react in negative ways, it just shows you have a caring heart. Don't let people who don't appreciate that take it away.

Stay Strong <3

~ Christabel

Closed Thread