TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
swimergirl Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Why - February 6th 2013, 01:25 PM

Things are bad. Really bad. I just want to be gone. But why should I be upset and feel this way when I have been "given so much"? Why would anyone care about my problems when other people are worse off then me? Now I can't bring myself to tell anyone I want to die. Because I feel like I shouldn't feel this way and people would think it's stupid to want to die.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
xxprincessxx Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Sammie

Re: Why - February 6th 2013, 04:52 PM

Hey,

It's not stupid and people won't think that you're stupid for feeling these things. Just because you have a lot of good things in your life, doesn't necessarily mean that you feel good. I know, I'm there too! Please, don't act on wanting to die though because with the appropriate help, you can get better and live a good, long and happy life! Is there anybody that you feel that you could go and talk to about your feelings? I think that's always a great first step, finding somebody you trust and confiding in them.

Also, I think another great step would be to see an actual professional about how you've been feeling. Maybe try setting up an appointment, I know that can be scary, but I think that it'll be worth it in the long!

If you ever want to talk about anything, I'm here for you!

all i want is a place to call my own and
mend the hearts of everyone who feels alone,
woah,
you know to keep your hopes up high and your head down low.

<3

(#3 (permalink)) Old
swimergirl Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Why - February 7th 2013, 04:09 AM

There's one or two people I might be able to tell I just don't know if I can. Im just constantly nervous about talking/writting to tell people my problems so we will see.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
xxprincessxx Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Why - February 7th 2013, 02:09 PM

I know the feeling, it's a hard thing to do! I really think that it would be in your best interest to do it! Just write down what you want to say and take a deep breathe and just go for it! <3

woah,

<3

(#5 (permalink)) Old
swimergirl Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Why - February 8th 2013, 12:56 AM

I may try. I just want to be gone.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
xxprincessxx Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Why - February 8th 2013, 01:08 AM

Please don't hurt yourself! I know it's tough, but life gets better! Hang in there!

woah,

<3

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Beating the odds ~
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Mads

Re: Why - February 8th 2013, 01:22 AM

Hang in there Swimergirl, life get's better, I promise you. Though it might seem to take a while, everything turns out to be good in the end.
I know how it feels to think that there are people who have problems worst that mine. Thoughts of suicide are eating me alive, and I'm doing my best to work up the courage to tell someone [most likely, my friend of 10 years] that I'm not doing so well.
You really need to tell someone though, someone you can trust. There are so many people out there who care so much about you, though you might not think so. People at school care about you, people in your family do, and many, many users of this site care about you, like I do, though I don't even know you. You can get through this battle, you really can. Don't be afraid to ask for help, there'll always be someone out there to lend a hand.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: Why - February 8th 2013, 01:35 AM

Hey.

You gotta remind yourself that your feelings are real. No matter how okay things are around you, there's obviously something wrong if you're feeling this way. Anyone who ignores your feelings because you've got it "too good" doesn't deserve your respect towards them. Your feelings and thoughts are not stupid because you feel them. You matter and deserve to have your feelings acknowledged.

If you're having suicidal thoughts, something is wrong. Make sure someone listens because you do matter. I realize things must be bad, so please talk to someone. It's an opportunity. Suicide isn't the answer, ever. It not only hurts you but everyone around you. It's a permanent solution to a temporary problem. You've got your whole life ahead of you so it'd be a shame to throw it all away. You have potential, the choice to have children, create life, marry someone. So many experiences that are amazing, do you wanna miss out on it? I know how things can feel so horrible that this is like a way out, but this isn't the way intended. You are important and special no matter what you believe.

Talking to someone is important, I know how difficult it can be but it can turn out to be a really positive thing. You never know till you try. Writing a letter, or in E-Mail or text can make it easier and slightly more comfortable if you prefer.

Changing routines in your life could also help you. Doing something new and fun could help to cheer you up. Maybe go out, meet some new people. Or even take an art class, draw, paint, take up knitting/beading, play board games with family or friends, play games, watch tv or a movie, listen to music, go for a walk, go biking or swimming, take a nice relaxing warm bath. Do something special for you or do something you have fun doing.

Remember that things won't always be this bad. There's gotta be a time you remember being happy, remember all the good moments rather than the bad. Remind yourself of all the positives instead of the negatives. Positives win. Write down all the bad things that happen in each day in a list on one piece of paper, then the good things that happened or things that made you happy or made you smile in a list at the top of the paper, rip it in half and only keep the positive list. Put it somewhere where you can look at it when you feel sad to remind you that good things do happen. Have positive quotes up on your wall or on your mirror, or anything you use privately. So you can see it and get a surprise inspiration on a bad day.

I want you to know I care about your feelings because I know how that can be. Things look okay around you but inside it's not okay at all. I understand a bit of how you feel. I am definitely here to listen if you'd like someone to talk to. I don't mind at all. Feel freeo to PM/VM me or E-Mail me. I'll reply as soon as I can. Remember there's a rainbow after the storm.

Stay Strong <3

~ Christabel

(#9 (permalink)) Old
swimergirl Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Why - February 11th 2013, 08:05 PM

Thank you for your kind words. It's still hard and I still can't bring myself to tell anyone but oh well

Closed Thread