TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
heartinu Offline
Heartinu
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Linda

I'm alone - March 1st 2013, 07:20 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I don't even want to get up in the morning, because I know that I'm gonna have a bad day, that I have to pretend that everything is alright to everybody so they don't worry.. I'm lost, i really am. I need help, i don't know what to do.. I don't even have a reason to hang on to, nobody is telling me that it will be alright, nobody is there for me. I feel empty, i feel sad all the time. I feel alone, even when I'm with my friends. Maybe i am alone..

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Collies R Us Offline
Proverbs 30:5-6
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Ally

Re: I'm alone - March 1st 2013, 10:54 PM

You're not alone. Please seek help. Someone will listen. And if the first person you try doesn't hear, try someone else. Please tell someone. There are people who are there and blessed with a listening ear.
Call out to someone. Call a hotline. Join a help group. Join a church youth group. Please let someone know. Your closest friends? Maybe they'll listen. If not, you know who your friends are. Don't give up. Life will get better.
Praying for you.
And I prescribe one hug.
- Collies R Us

"Be strong and bold; have no fear or dread of them, because it is the LORD your God who goes with you; he will not fail you or forsake you." (Deut. 31:6 NRSV of the Bible)

(#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: I'm alone - March 2nd 2013, 04:46 AM

Hi, Linda.

So sorry you're feeling this way... I can relate to feeling alone, feeling sad, and trying to put on a happy face for everyone around you. However, no matter how bad things are, they won't always be this way because pain is temporary, suicide is permanent. I remember feeling this bad, heck, I still do at times but it's so great to be able to look back and see how far you've come. To look at all the nice feelings, good days and nights since then. Living for the good things in life is worth it. Everytime we overcome these periods of depression we get stronger and better for it. Please don't give up now. People do love you, if you're feeling alone, then you should speak up to your friends, your family, I know it's scary and difficult but please, you deserve the support. You gotta open up to someone. You don't have to do this alone. If telling someone is too difficult, you can write it on a letter or text. Can you talk to a therapist? School counselor maybe? To get past this, you have to want to get past this and be dedicated. A good support system is important.

Something that I've noticed, when you're depressed, the same ol' routines can make it worse. Moping around can make it worse. So how about trying something new? Taking up a new hobby and exploring your interests? You could take up knitting, beading, arts and crafts, draw, paint. Distractions are good too. Watch a movie/tv show (something you can relate to or something funny), I like watching Loony Tunes when I'm sad because it makes me laugh and it's bright and colorful. You could also play games, listen to music go for a bike ride, going to see a movie, go out to eat, go look around in a store, volunteer in a group, talk to some new people and get to know them, the more the merrier!

I also found out that a happy themed room plays a role in how you're feeling, believe it or not. Maybe you should put up happy, dreamy pictures or pictures of cute animals in your room? Or a bright colored paint job. Bright sheets and curtains. Pin up some inspiring quotes on your mirror, wall or door. Put up pictures of happier times in the past of you having fun.

Going for a walk can be very refreshing as well. The nice air, the breeze, and the sun. Try to go for a walk everyday. And when you're inside, keep the windows and shades open during the daylight. Why? Because the sun induces a natural chemical in your brain that produces more positive emotions. Several things can play a role in your moods, make sure you're getting enough sleep, make sure you have a healthy diet, getting enough sun of course, make sure you spend time with other people because you're less likely to fall into your thoughts.

Writing your feelings (even if they make no sense) and thoughts down in a journal can help. Writing short stories or poems that relate to you and your feelings can help you express yourself and just a healthy way of getting thoughts out. Cuddling pets can really help too! If you don't have a pet, I suggest getting a puppy or a kitten because having a pet dependent on you can make you feel kinda important in a way. Plus, cuddling with a nice soft pet can make you feel nice.

Another thing that helps me, is going outside at night. Looking up at the bright stars, the clear dark blue skies and the moon. It's really beautiful and just makes everything feel dreamy. Same for sunrises. I love watching the sun rise because it makes me appreciate the new day approaching. Every day is a new day, a new chance. You can be brand new any day! During spring, I love going for a walk and looking at the beautiful trees growing new green leaves, the nice breeze, the blue sky, the flowers, the little kids playing outside, the birds and animals. There's just so much life out there, such a beautiful world that was created for us. You're meant to live on this earth because it is possible to be happy.

Remember things do get better, it'll be alright, hun. I'm here if you need someone to talk to! Feel free to message me anytime. Hope I helped a bit.

Stay Strong <3

Last edited by DeletedAccount17; March 2nd 2013 at 12:12 PM.

Closed Thread