TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
x_sepi_x Offline
BrokenInside
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Sabah

I overdosed to die, but then i woke up :/ - March 10th 2013, 09:12 PM

Yesterday evening I overdosed on sleeping pills and anti-depressants. Wanted to die. plain. simple. by 8pm I was so tired whoozy, dizzy and light headed. by 9pm I could barely keep my eyes open, and I just about managed to get myself into bed. Then I thought this is it. My time's come. I fell asleep, slowly, sinking into the depths of pleasure that I had long been searching for. But then I woke up. I woke up. I dont't know what time it was or when, but I woke up, and then I fell asleep again. was in and out of sleep till around 2pm, and only then did i get up because my auntie came to wake me up. No-one had bothered to even check if I was dead or alive, but yeah by 2pm i was up and out of bed. Had to force myself because of family coming over. After they left everyone went out. I was home alone for the rest of the time and still am. Haven't had the energy to move, walk, do anything. Just about managed to type this up. I dont know why I've put it up here, guess I just needed to get it out my system. No-one knows about this.
My best friend that I live with, is a liar. She lied to me so much. I confronted her about it after a whole 8months of taking her bullshit and she lied some more to cover up her already shitty lies. And now im not speaking to her. It seems pretty petty and childish but there's alot more to it than that, too much for me to even go into. The point is i dont wanna carry on anymore. She was my last hope, she was my best friend my only friend. And she fucked me up. Screwed me up with all her bullshit lies. I hate her but I love her so much. And now, I just want to die. But Z's been on the phone for a few hours now, and even though half the time we're not talking it's still something. Just to know that there is someone there, somebody there, still listening because they want to. Sometimes I think whats the point but he's so adamant on not giving up on me. It feels unreal. That powerful bond relationship genuine care and concern, no-one has ever given me before to this extent. I love him, he's my big brother, I don't want to upset him and let him down, but I don't want to be here.

''No pressure, no diamonds''

There may not always be a direct answer to a problem, but there is always a way to get through it.
Strength is the best quality of the human mind and body, and I believe everyone has it; whether they believe it or not. Look for that tiny glimmer of hope deep inside yourself and once you've found it let it blossom, glow and illuminate your life.

I'm always here if anyone wants to talk.

x x x

(#2 (permalink)) Old
PrimadonnaQueen Offline
left this site.
Regular TeenHelper

Re: I overdosed to die, but then i woke up :/ - March 10th 2013, 09:52 PM

I think you should see a doctor and get refered to a councillor.
You deserve to live,
You deserve to be happy!
Please get help and next time you want to try something like that,
Come on here and talk to people beautiful,
Because we care! x

.....“You believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself.”.....

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Fearless01 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I overdosed to die, but then i woke up :/ - March 11th 2013, 03:52 AM

You should tell someone. I know how it feels to want to die, but think about how that would hurt everyone in your life. They could become depressed or suicidal too. They could blame themselves or be angry that you never told them what was going on. You should make a list of all of the good things in your life that would be gone if you were dead, and all of the reasons why you shouldn't kill yourself.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: I overdosed to die, but then i woke up :/ - March 11th 2013, 04:40 AM

Hi, Sabah.

I'm really sorry about everything. Your best friend, being depressed. I can see how that would lead you here. I'm extremely sorry... Umm... Suicide is never the answer though because there's so much more than this to life that you haven't even experienced yet. You've got so many great things ahead of you that's worth living for. And I think later in life you'll begin to realize all the hard things you've been through have only made you stronger and better for it. Live for your brother, that's someone that cares about you, do it for him. Can you imagine how sad and just downright distraught he'll be if you went through with suicide? He'd go everyday wondering what he could have done for you to prevent this. He'll always be haunted with this, trust me. Suicide is a vicious cycle of depression and more suicides. It's not okay to give up, and it's not okay to constantly feel like giving up, that's why you fight for it. Recovery's possible, hun. Hard, but possible and worth it, you're worth it.

Can you talk to him about how you're feeling, what you did? Can you tell your family how you feel? Or talk to a therapist? Having a good support system will help you a lot.

I want you to know that I'm here if you need someone to talk to. I don't always know what to say but I can listen and try to help.

Hang in there,
The rainbow comes after the storm,
Don't give up,
You can do this,
Stay Strong <3

(#5 (permalink)) Old
jhend.hardison Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I overdosed to die, but then i woke up :/ - March 11th 2013, 06:05 PM

committing suicide is not the solution, though it can really end our sufferings but at the same time, it will end our life. There are still many beautiful things that can happen to us if we will only learn how to fight and cope up with the situation. You should always consider, your friend that broke your trust is not the only people in this world.

Closed Thread