TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Temperance Offline
I'm so done with it all...
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jess :)

:'( i don't know anymore. attempted - March 12th 2013, 06:34 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Last night my biological mother contacted me. During our conversation, she did nothing but belittle me and make me feel worthless. i told her i want nothing to do with her and she called me a heartless bitch and told me i should have just died when i was a child.

needless to say when our conversation was over, i took some pills. Was hoping to OD and end my life. it didn't work (clearly) and now i feel wortgless and gultiy...

what do i do.

I think I'm beyond help this time

~We're all misfits living in a world on fire~

Butterfly, don't fly away on me yet

(#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: :'( i don't know anymore. attempted - March 12th 2013, 12:39 PM

Hi, Jess.

I'm so sorry about what your mother said. That's clearly not true what she said and is so cruel, extremely cruel. Remember that you can be the opposite of your mother and have children and be a good mother. You can make up for the emptiness that you feel over this. Isn't that a reason worth living for? To create life and make up for what you wanted? You'd be an amazing parent.

Since you OD'd, if you haven't already, then please go to the hospital. It'll just cause severe physical pain if you don't, so please before it damages you more.

Nobody is ever beyond help. Can you talk to anyone about this and tell them about your attempt? Getting it out there and getting some support could really help you.

I'm here if you need someone to talk to. Feel free to message me anytime. You can do this, hun. Things get better.

Stay Strong <3

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: :'( i don't know anymore. attempted - March 12th 2013, 03:46 PM

I'm really sorry to hear what's been happening, it sounds like its been a really tough past day day for you but for what its worth, I'm glad you're here.

Truth is, it would be a lovely world if everyone were to have a real and proper relationship with their biological parents. In the perfect world, each child would be brought up and loved and cared for by their birth parents and abuse, neglect and abandonment and everything else that leaves children in care, foster homes etc wouldn't exist. But they do. And actually, thank god for care workers and foster parents because a lot of these workers, take roles of parents for a lot of children. It sounds like you haven't had a lot of contact with your mother. Who looked after you while you grew up? I know it would be lovely for your mum to love you and for things to work out, but maybe you got the better life without her. Clearly, she's not capable of caring for you because she shouldn't be saying those things to you. You DON'T deserve those words, okay? You deserve life. I'm glad you were born in the the world.

No one in the world is beyond help. Help and support can get a person anywhere they want to be in life but that help isn't just going to come from people around you like friends, teachers, doctors etc, it's also going to have to come from yourself as well. This is possible. Yes it's going to be hard and I can't begin to imagine how you must be feeling right but you'r worth a lot and you deserve life and happiness and you can get there. Maybe it's going to be hard work and take time but it's also going to be god damn worth it okay? Talk to people, let them in, let them help you and let them guide you.

You've got this, kay? Stay fighting and remember we're here,
Jessie.

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

Closed Thread