TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
PurpleMoon Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Billie

Unhappy Cant Do It AnymoreÖ - March 17th 2013, 02:13 AM

Hey,
I have been having a few issues lately and I will try to make as much sense as possible.

I have been having issues and I have been having serious problems trying to talk about them, I was diagnosed by my doctor to have severe depression and they have prescribed me anti depressants. I have always found it difficult to speak to new people and was uncomfortable travailing one place to another on may own I had also found it difficult talking to people on the phone and in the last few weeks I feel as if I have gotten worse I donít want to even leave the house just the thought for going out make me feel sick and because of this I havenít been able to make an appointment with IAPT or another appointment with my doctor. I feel as if I cant talk to my parents about this because my dad thinks depression is a petty thing at that everyone goes through it and I will get over it where as my mum says if you donít do it I will drag you there myself and she never does. I had to quit college because I couldnít cope with getting on the train there it freaked me out.

I feel so upset and fed up I donít even know what to do with myself anymore, I find everything frustrating and I just want to give up I donít know why I havenít and right now at this very moment I feel like I could I feel there isnít any point in living a life I cant find any bit of joy from anymore. The worst part is I donít even having anything to be depressed about my life isnít perfect and there are people much worse off then me and Iím moping about my pathetic assistance. Everyone thinks Iím ok but Iím not and I just donít know what to do anymore?

I just done know what to do anymore I just cant live like this anymore.

One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.

Memento mori - Remember you must die

Memento Vivere - Remember to live

Carpe diem - Seize the Day

ďMan cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.Ē -Andre Gide

(#2 (permalink)) Old
HighHopes Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jodie

Re: Cant Do It AnymoreÖ - March 17th 2013, 01:42 PM

Is there maybe someone you can ask to go with you? I know from experience that when you feel like this, it helps having someone to go with you to place. As your parents don't understand, maybe a brother or a sister, or a friend of your could take you?

It's normal to feel depressed when you got depression. Are you on tablets? I know some of your previous posts said that the doctor sent you away with the intention of thinking about it. If you're not on them, then this is normal, if you've just started them, then this is also normal! And check the side affects of your tablets, as this could be a side effect of them. And if you've been on them for a few months, then it's probably stress and being inside all day. It doesn't help when you're inside the house all day.

Maybe try to get involved in something nearby. Or try to go out of the house more often - even if it's food shopping with a parent!

And is there anyone you know that have got depression or been though something similar to you? Sometimes the best people to speak to for advice is the ones who have been though similar things. So if you know someone like this, maybe it's best to have a conversation with them about how you're feeling.

And it's normal to be nervous when meeting new people, but you just have to put yourself out there and try to join in - if possible. And I know that public transport can be hard to deal with - especially when it's busy and you don't like enclosed spaces. So maybe - if you're going somewhere - try to get an earlier train when it's not so busy?

And loads of people find it difficult to talk about their problems, just take it one step at a time. Reveal one little problem bit by bit and see how people react from there.

Hope I helped!
Jodie.

Closed Thread