TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
BleedingLullaby Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Faith

Unhappy I Need a Few Answers - March 20th 2013, 04:39 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I have bipolar disorder, and mood swings, not to mention hormones. I get depressed easily, and have previously been overdosing as a way of coping. I guess that's self-harm. But recently, it stopped "working". I'm going to try cutting but I need to know how deep to go without like bleeding to death. Thanks heaps guys. <3

Sorry for being so fucked up
Sorry for being a failure
Sorry for being a disgrace
Sorry for being me...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Lovehatelife23 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Leslie

Re: I Need a Few Answers - March 20th 2013, 06:00 PM

Im very sorry to hear what your going through hun. But If overdoseing didnt help then dont do the Cutting since you havent done it be4. Ive done everything in my years & have previous scars to show it but every day i look @ them makes me feel terrible & why did i ruin my arms in the first place instead of just going somewhere & asking for help.
We all care bout you so much & hate to see your go through this but Suicide isnt the Answer.
It makes everything or everyone around you feel terrible & start asking you whats wrong.
Believe me ive been there & also has a Name that people or kids used to call me in school "Attention Seeker"
I felt like giving up. I had to stand my ground to know that theres more then a Life out there then Dying & having my parents & friends @ my Funnel crying.

Please Dont! Suicide isnt the Answer! Pm me anytime Im here if you need anything!

R.I.P
CJ Collins 1993-2008
He was a Awesome Kid
I Love you n Miss you

You learn at a certain pace. Then that pace goes away. Then

you try and try to do everything you can. Then it gets harder.

Then you give up. Then its all over.

Leslie
  Send a message via Skype™ to Lovehatelife23 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
mindflower Offline
what the hell is a FixYou♥
I can't get enough

Name: taylor

Re: I Need a Few Answers - March 20th 2013, 06:23 PM

Hi Faith, its me again, I'm not stalking you I promise

First of all, welcome, and I'm glad you're able to come out and talk about these things. I have been through and through the same things you are talking about right here, but we really aren't supposed to give advice on self harm or anything alike.
What I DO suggest is looking at the alternatives thread for self harm and to reach out to anyone, including us
You aren't alone, alright?

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Antihero
I've been here a while

Name: Ghost

Re: I Need a Few Answers - March 21st 2013, 01:31 AM

Cutting doesn't really help anything, I only find it useful for times when I feel I deserve to feel physical pain. And even then, very shallow cuts work (and leave lasting scars). If your mood swings are overwhelming, I'd suggest a sedative like Kava or Valerian (or Xanax, etc.) in moderate dose. Combine that with meditation or a smoke and the craziness becomes a little more manageable. Don't OD though, it does you only harm.

The neon burns a hole in the night, and the Freon burns a hole in the sky.
You can find my kind living right on the fault line, eyes on the seaside, lives on the B-side, kites on the power lines.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: I Need a Few Answers - March 21st 2013, 03:36 AM

Hi, Faith.

I am really sorry you've been feeling depressed to OD and now you wanna Self-Harm... Hun, I've been where you are but trust me, Self-Harm definitely isn't the way. It releases endorphins when you do it which gets addictive. And you end up having to hide all the cuts and scars, it's really depressing and it ends up bringing more negative feelings into it. I know it may help for a bit, but the outcome of Self-Harming just isn't worth it. When you feel like doing it, look at the thread that Tay gave. Try some things on there till you find something that works for you. As Tay said, we can't give advice on how to Self-Harm here, sorry! Although it can be dangerous seeing as you could hit an artery. Then there's infections. Don't go down that road, hunny. You seem like an amazing girl who's just going through a lot and trying to cope... You don't deserve to have to hurt yourself, sweetie. It's much better to find a healthy coping mechanism that won't eventually bring you down even more than already. OD-ing can also seriously damage your organs, so I suggest trying to stop now. Easier said than done.

Is there anyone you can talk to? A support system might really help you. Like your parents maybe? Siblings, relatives, teacher, school counselor? Telling someone our feelings and what we're doing is definitely hard, no argument there but you clearly need some extra support seeing as you've been OD-ing and feel like Self-Harming. If outright telling someone is too intense, then you could write it in a note or letter. It could make it easier.

Meanwhile, healthy coping mechanisms are best seeing as the bad ones always drag us back down in the dumps after they stop "working". It only makes us feel more low. So how about doing something you enjoy? Or finding a new hobby? I get mood swings a lot and become depressed often so I know how you feel though, what I do is listen to music, play games, talk to my best friend, watch tv, surf the net, cuddle with pets, go for a walk. You could also write your feelings down in a journal to express yourself better, or write a poem related to your feelings. Anything that makes you happy, even the smallest things, do it. Also, sunlight increases a natural chemical in your brain that induces positive emotions so try to take walks everyday if you can and do outside activities/keep your window shades open etc. That may help as well.

Remember, you aren't alone, sweetie. I've been where you've been, looking for something to help me cope. Things do get better and it's possible to be happy. Don't lose hope, have faith, Faith. Such a beautiful name you have by the way. And hey, feel free to message me anytime, I don't always know what to say but I can definitely listen and try to help. You're a very strong girl, you can do this. You can get through this.

Stay Strong <3

Closed Thread