TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
xxprincessxx Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Sammie

on the edge. - March 21st 2013, 02:53 AM

I've been so anxious and overemotional lately, that it's driving me absolutely crazy. i wake up, feeling horrible and every little thing sets me off. if my friends say something jokingly it sets me off....or even little stuff that normally wouldn't mean anything to me, send me into a spiraling depression. I'm reading into everything that everyone says and it's not good or healthy. I'm not sure how to stop this though...

I texted a friend earlier today and just asked if we could meet up sometime because i needed advice on a situation... what i said above being the situation. he's not really a close friend, but i kind of prefer it that way at the moment, because i don't want any of my best friends involved and maybe having somebody know that i don't hang out with but i still trust, would be a good thing? but i'm sort of second guessing this as well....

I honestly...ugh. I just feel like such a mess....again. It's not fair.

all i want is a place to call my own and
mend the hearts of everyone who feels alone,
woah,
you know to keep your hopes up high and your head down low.

<3

(#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: on the edge. - March 21st 2013, 04:42 AM

Hi, Sammie.

Sorry you're feeling bad again. I understand how you feel, when I get depressed, the littlest things can set me off and I'll feel horrible. I know how frustrating and saddening it can be. So I'm sorry. Something that may help, when you find yourself reading into what others say, catch yourself, realize you're doing it and try to distract yourself from it. Remind yourself to let go, and to relax.

As for the friend you're meeting up with, try not to keep second guessing it. This is a good step and it could really help you to talk with him and have someone listen. I say, go for it.

Let me know how it goes? Good luck!

Stay Strong <3

(#3 (permalink)) Old
xxprincessxx Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: on the edge. - March 22nd 2013, 12:55 AM

It went pretty well. He actually goes through a lot of the same stuff I found out, so he could relate. Not entirely sure if I would talk to him again or anything just because I'm not good at talking especially when I'm not super close to them.

woah,

<3

(#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: on the edge. - March 22nd 2013, 01:55 AM

That's really good to hear, Sammie! I'm so glad you were able to talk about this with someone and I'm glad he was able to relate. You're a really strong and brave person for opening up. I understand what you mean though, so could you two maybe talk a little more and become closer friends? You two could like, help each other through this and build a new friendship.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
xxprincessxx Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: on the edge. - March 22nd 2013, 02:01 AM

Possibly!
He's my best friends old roommate, so we know each other decently well. We've always just had the playful relationship and it never has gotten deep. Like we always say Hi to each other and joke around, but I don't know if it would ever develop more than that. We're both really busy and have our own set of close friends.

woah,

<3

(#6 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: on the edge. - March 22nd 2013, 02:41 AM

Oh, okay. Well you never know. Hope it works out the way you want.

Closed Thread