TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
YoungK9 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Suicidal - March 22nd 2013, 03:32 AM

Here's the deal, Ive been having suicidal thought recently,& there becoming much more common.Im always wanting to Self Harm,& I never do.I came close,very close to committing suicide,I didn't.

I'm depressed,I always feel empty & worthless, I don't like interact with people much,& I'm not motivated by much.

My friend asked my a few questions,she knew there was something going on. I told her that I'm depressed,suicidal,& want to self harm.

She said she is worried,& is going to contact the guidance counselor.

I don't want anyone to know,especially my parents.

Questions:
If she tells:What will happen?
Will my parents be contact? What will they say?
Will they prescribe any medicine?
Will they put me in hospital?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
xxprincessxx Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Sammie

Re: Suicidal - March 22nd 2013, 03:53 AM

Hey Sweetie,

I'm sorry that you are going through this! But suicide is honestly never the answer. Your friend is just trying to help you and I think that is a good thing. I honestly wish I could be back in your position. It's a lot easier to get help when you're young and in high school and have the resources to get it.

To answer your questions:

If she tells, what will happen?

She'll probably call you down and get your side of the story and go from there. Just expect her to be concerned about you and want to help you to the best of her ability.

Will my parents be contacted? What will they say?

Depending on how much you and/or your friend tell her, it's a possiblity. If the Guidance Counselor finds out about the cutting and/or suicidal feelings I would assume that your parents would be notified. I don't know your parents, therefore I don't know how they would react...but I am sure they would be concerned and want to help you the best way that they can.

Will they prescribe me medicine?

I'm sure that once you start talking to somebody then you will find out about medicine. Everybody is unique with a treatment plan, so it's really up to your doctor to decide if you need medications.

Will they put me in the hospital?

Only if you are an immediate threat to yourself. So, if your suicidal they may put you on a 72 hour hold until they get you stabilized. This is not necessarily as bad or as scary as it seems. A hospital can be a great place to get the help that you need.

:] Hope this helps! hang in there, you can always contact me if you want or need to talk!

all i want is a place to call my own and
mend the hearts of everyone who feels alone,
woah,
you know to keep your hopes up high and your head down low.

<3

(#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: Suicidal - March 22nd 2013, 03:57 AM

Hey, hun.

I'm really sorry to hear. I'm sure you've heard this before, but suicide definitely isn't the answer, it hurts not only you, but everyone around you. Your life is worth so much more than this. Things won't be this bad forever. They get better. Maybe you could express yourself in a journal or write poems? Or take up a new hobby?

I'm glad your friend asked you that and you told her. She seems to care a lot about you and you definitely don't need to be alone right now. I think having her and your school counselor as a support system would be really good for you. I know it's pretty scary, but it could really help you in the long run to get back on your feet.

I'm sorry but I don't have much helpful info about the questions. I've never been in that situation. Just... Remember that the bad feelings you're having right now, they aren't forever. Life gets better and you've got so many wonderful things ahead of you. Hang on. Let people in. You can do this. Feel free to message me anytime!

Stay Strong <3

Closed Thread