TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
emary Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Post my situation - March 23rd 2013, 02:02 PM

i really have no idea what to do on this site or how it works or anything, i just registered now...
so im in year 12, my last year of high school on australia and we're just coming into block week. i am super stressing about my exams and assignments and everything, i already have an assignment overdue which i may or may not have an extension on?! as i went to see our school counselor and he said he'd organise one for my but he didn't get back to me by the end of the day so i have no idea... anywho, its a year 12 legal studies assignment and it involves heaps and heaps and heaps of work and being me.. i left it until the night before and still didnt get it done, its saturday night and i only have tomorrow and then its due monday and i have only written a crappy introduction and thats it! im just not going to be able to get it done! i am the worst procrastinator ever!!!
i've also been super stressed out and upset becaise i am not getting along with my mum at all!! she has been so mean and horrible lately and i can't handle it!! i can't handle her shit on top of school and everything!!! and its really getting me down, because i haven't been talking and getting along with mum lately i haven't been eating dinner cause she doesn't make me any cause she hates me.. anyway so i haven't been eating properly at all and i've been feeling so exhausted and low and yuck!! so i got up this morning at 6:30ish to go to work cause i need money to pay for schoolies, so im at work and ive been there for maybe an hour or so and pass out and fall on the floor right in the middle of the store (target) and it was so embarrassing so the ambulance come and check me over for blood pressure and blood sugar level and heart rate and all that jazz so im just chilling there and my manager is like we'll call your parents and cause mum hates me at the moment i ask them to call dad (my parents are divorced, they divorced about this timeish last year, more about that later..) and so they're trying and trying to call dad and he won't answer and im in tears on the floor for i don't know what reason and yeah so the paramedics are like "you have no nutrients or anything in your system you need food and stuff" so my manager goes and buys be maccas and i eat it and blah blah blah its really not relevant, sorry i rambled, so dad comes and picks me up and im at mums this week and so he drops me to mums and i walk in at 10 o'clock in the morning, i should have finished at one and she knows that but nevertheless i walk in and she's mopping the floor and i go to take two steps from the front door to the stairs so i can go up to my room and lie down and she yells to me, "don't walk on there it's wet" (and not in a nice motherly warning voice its cold and hard and there is not one drop of care put into her words) so i go and walk round the back and sit on the back patio thing to wait for the floor to dry so i can go upstairs to lie down after i passed out and whacked my head really hard on the floor at work and then she finishes mopping and comes out the back and says to me in a cold cruel voice, "you can go and mop up the footprints you made on the floor", still not mentioning my arrival home from work early or asking me anything, so i grab the mop and go round the front walk onto the stairs and mop my footprints behind me and so im on the stairs and i can't return the mop so i lean it against the stair railing and go to walk upstairs but she yells at me and says "you can bring the mop back out here" and by then i was upset and sick or it so i said "no mum, im going upstairs to lie doen because i fainted at work and need to rest" to which she replies, literally laughing, "haah, you should have eaten some food" and then i cry and go to my room. she comes in later and asks me about it, i think cause she feels bad or whatever and stuff and i tell her and then she goes and hasn't spoken to me for the rest of the day. and again i didn't eat anything for dinner cause nothing was made and i was too tired and weak to do anything.
uugh anyway back to the issue at hand, i'm stressing out and getting really upset about school and family shit and just everything!! D; uugh im sorry i just, there's so much shit i need help!! there is something wrong with me!! i don't understand why i just can't get in and do my god dammed assignments!! i'm freaking retarded!! aand yeah that whats going on in my awesome life right now.. usually im really strong and i push through but there's so much negativity surrounding me and i'm receiving so much negativity and it's really getting me down, i believed in myself and i thought i could push through and make it through year 12 but now i don't even know and it's only the first term!! i'm just so upset and pissed off right now!!

HAAAH sorry it's so long i don't really expect anyone to read this haha, just venting might help, i don't even know xoxo
just someone who is/was in the same situation as me kind of to talk to and give advice would be nice, real advice not shit like 'keep you chin up' 'it will be okay'
ive head that bullshit before and it doesn't help xoxoxox

(#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: my situation - March 28th 2013, 01:59 AM

Hi, there!

First off, welcome to TeenHelp! I'm Christabel and I'm glad you joined and posted here. And if you're having any problems getting around the site then feel free to ask me. As for the problem, I'm sorry you're going through this. Umm... Is there any way you can move in with your dad? What your mom says is quite mean. Can you tell her that it really makes you feel sad when she says things like that? Communication is important. Maybe she needs to hear it from you to realize what it's doing to you and how wrong it is to put you down a lot. Can you speak with the school counselor or a friend as well, for some support?

Food is important for your body, obviously. So, while you're at work, can you buy some nutrition drinks and vitamins? Maybe extra food?

Whenever you're dealing with a tough time in life, occupying yourself is the key. It's a good coping mechanism. Do relaxing things such as a warm bath or something like that. Take a nice and refreshing walk. Listen to music, draw, paint. Write down your feelings in a journal etc.

By the way, I know you probably don't believe it and don't wanna hear it, but it's true, things do get better and end up being okay in the end.

Hope I helped a bit! Feel free to message me if you need someone to talk to. I can listen if you need someone. Can't promise I'll know what to say though.

Stay Strong <3

Closed Thread