TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
~old~profile~ Offline
Old profile
Welcome me, I'm new!

i give up - March 23rd 2013, 04:27 PM

i don't know what to do anymore one minute my life is going ok and then one person will say the smallest thing that will annoy/upset me and i just give up thinking nothings worth me sticking around anymore i just don't know anymore

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Chuuya Offline
I hate milk.
I can't get enough

Name: Lauren

Re: i give up - March 23rd 2013, 07:43 PM

Hey there,

I'm sorry to hear how you've been feeling. As teens our hormones are going all over the place, and sometimes the slightest thing can hurt us. A lot of teens experience that, myself included. The best thing to do is remind yourself that teens are teens and they make really stupid decisions sometimes, and they'll say awful things, even if they don't mean it, or don't know that it's hurting you.

Giving up seems like an easy thing to do, but just because it's easy doesn't mean it's the right thing. You aren't going to feel this way forever, you're not going to have to deal with people who say mean things forever. Those people do not matter, they just want to bring others down to feel good about themselves. Don't let them do that.

Do you have any friends who you feel like you can talk to about what's going on? Sometimes when someone starts saying things that are mean or upset me it feels better once I get it off my chest. You can talk to a friend, or a counselor/teacher at your school. They're there to listen to whatever you're having trouble with, always.

If you ever want to talk about anything, my inbox is always open. Stay strong and don't give up. You can do this

"You'll have to decide for yourself. Walk on your own. Move forward. You've got a strong pair of legs, Rose. You should get up and use them."

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: i give up - March 27th 2013, 11:38 PM

Hi, Courtney!

So sorry about this. I get the same thing a lot. Tiny things can really upset me but I think it comes with the territory of being a teenager along with those pesky hormones we get. Lauren said everything I thought mainly haha. So I agree with her. Umm... Something that helps me when I get angered and sad over something, I go somewhere alone to get my head cleared, think about my thoughts and feelings and process it. Afterwards I do something I enjoy, such as listening to music, playing games, watching tv etc. You could also write your feelings in a journal or write a poem that expresses your feelings.

Another thing, talking to someone about this and the things that upset you is important. Nobody needs to keep these frustrations inside. Honestly, I think it'd make someone become passive-aggressive. Happened to me once, hard to get out of that rut. Be open when someone upsets you, because sometimes they can do it without knowing they hurt your feelings. Then next time they'll try and be a little more careful with their words.

Hope I helped a bit. And feel free to message me anytime if you need someone to talk to or just vent to, Courtney!

Stay Strong <3

Closed Thread