TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
YoungK9 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

It's all I think about... - March 23rd 2013, 07:54 PM

Suicide.
I'm serious... It's becoming overwhelming, I can't stop have thoughts of suicide. Literally everyday I have those thoughts. I've looked up how to commit suicide, & planned it...
I have never attempted to do so because i've had a relative who attempted suicide,& he wasn't successful, he was hospitalized for a week or so.

I admit, I truly DO want to commit suicide, I haven't yet. Since I'm catholic, it's what makes me stay strong.

I haven't wrote a note yet,nor have I done SH(though I DO think about it, just too painful to do).

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: It's all I think about... - March 23rd 2013, 10:01 PM

Hello there,

I'm really sorry to hear that things are rough for you. It sounds like you're going through a really hard time but I'm really glad you've been able to come to us here for some help. You don't have to be alone in this.

I'm glad that you haven't acted on the thoughts you're having. I know that takes a lot of strength. Suicidal thoughts can be very overwhelming and I think you're going really well to beat them like you are doing. I don't know a lot about your religion but it sounds like being catholic is something that helps you to hold on. Have you ever tried to write a list of reasons to live? I think when people suggest that, it can either sound really easy and silly or it can sound stupid but some people actually find it really helpful. You don't have to do it all at once either. It can be something to start now and something you can do over time. Really think about reasons to live. Not just reasons everyone can come up with, personal reasons, things you want in your life, what you want to do.

It sounds like seeing a relative go through a suicide attempt has made you see the harsh reality it can leave a person in when someone tries to kill themselves but it doesn't quite work. I can tell you from personal experience, that it isn't pleasant. And if you were to kill yourself, and even if you didn't, even if you survived, it's also going to hurt the people around you. You know? People love and care about you and its okay for you to talk to them. Is there someone you feel you can trust to talk to? I know reaching out for help can be scary but people can help you and support you through this, okay?

And if you want to talk to us about anything at all, know that we're here for you. We can't make it all go away, but we can support you and listen to you. I don't know if anything is triggering you to feel like this, but if there is and you'd like to talk about it to us, you're more than welcome too.

Hang on in there and stay fighting. You can do this, things can and will get better.

Jessie.

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: It's all I think about... - March 28th 2013, 03:13 AM

Hey, there.

Jessie's right. You aren't alone, you have us and those who care about you in your life and you have God. He loves you and he's watching after you. You're never alone even though it may feel like it at times. Things do get better even though it may not seem like it. You're 15 and you've just got so much to experience and it'd be a shame to miss out on it. These things you're going through is making you stronger. <3

Feel free to message me anytime if you need someone to talk to. I can listen.

Stay Strong <3

Closed Thread